What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

We have had several days of gorgeous weather and today is supposed to be more of the same. Tomorrow the rain returns but I won't complain as we have thoroughly enjoyed the last few days.

It was cloudy and in the 70's when I woke up but we are having a thunderstorm now the temps are 45. Thanks Ron it come from Canada. It won't last long down here and we will be back to the 70's and 80's by Wednesday. This is a nice break from the upper 80's we had last week.

We always get blamed for cold weather!!!
Don't blame us, blame global warming and all the weird and wacky weather!!!

It was interesting watching the ice on the lake as it moved around with the winds.....then the thick fog rolled in and the world outside disappeared...
Still foggy with periods of heavy rain!
57F ...but 50F by the lake were we are!
They are calling for a high of 32F tomorrow!!!! DAMM!!!!

we got to 74 today.....warm and balmy......the kicker is......tomorrow rain and then the temps drop in the afternoon......and freezing rain, then snow....maybe 3 inches......you have got to be kidding???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snow storm warning
A coldfront is on it's way by early morning....freezing rain, ice pellets, then changing over to snow....could see 2 to 4 inches!
41F and dropping to 30 by morning!!

Thanks Ron! I think the tornado thing's all over for now. Btw, the links for your 3 photos of the shimmering ice didn't work so I couldn't see them. Lmk if you can fix the photo links.
@ Wombat - Very happy you didn't get slammed by that cyclone!

It's 30*F here and going up to 64*F today and sunny. We had clear skies last night so we watched the lunar eclipse. It was awesome!

crazy here as well Ron.........raining right now and 60....they are telling people to take their winter coats and ice scrapers to work as the colder junk will be here this afternoon.......we are going backwards instead of fowards.....in mid april???

glad the cyclone didnt hit you John......thats scarey stuff that we dont see over here...

Guess the attachment option doesn't work!
Added photos the usually way

We got some snow and expecting flurries all day!
32F

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 225
@ Ron: Thanks for re-posting the photos! :D That's a ton less ice than I saw in the last ones and I think I see birds on the water. Totally cool!

@ Bobmixon: Cool photos and welcome to the forum! :D I see you have tons of space for gardens too.

It's 45*F here and going up to 69*F today. We get another cool down tomorrow but then temps rise for the next 8 days with only a few storms.

You're welcome Josh!
25F going up to 37 this afternoon...
This should be the end of this cold as the temps will start to rise to more normal temps for April!!
There is just bit of ice left along the shore line, all the rest is gone.
It is so nice to have open water on the lake again. The full moon was beautiful last night refecting of fhe water!!

Welcome to our forum Bob!
Thank you for the photos of your gardens!
Sure wish we had your temperature!!

lovely pics Bob and welcome to the forum.

10pm our rain turned to snow......it didnt stick because the ground was so wet.....it stuck on the cars for a while.....but was gone this morning.....sunny, 40 this morning and super windy......40 is our high today.....

Glad to have you aboard, Bob. Before moving to Oregon in 1968, we lived in the Sacramento Valley. Gets a little warm down there during the summer but I don't remember it slowing me down much when I was a kid.

We had some rain last night with more to come today and tomorrow. The high temperature will be in the high 50's with the low being about the mid 40's.

Woke up to an inch of that white stuff this am. Got to about 40 but was sunny, same for Thur and Fri lows in the teens and 20's More like Jan and Feb temps the news said....

Cooling down at night here...got down to 62F! brrrr had to grab a blanket;)......cyclone has dissipated and is now a tropical "low" lotsa rain but no wind at all thank goodness.....80F here today

37F
Going up to 50F this afternoon.
Winds are brisk out of the SE.
Should be mostly sunny all day.
Looks like we are settling into more normal April temps with the temps slowly going up each day!!
It is so nice to see the lake finally ice free!!
There is just a bit of Ice left along the shore but it should be gone later on today!!

27 this morning but warmed up to 40.....still feels chilly to me......but should warm up to 60 tomorrow.....

40 was probably our low temperature for last night. I heard the rain during the night and it has rained all day here today with varying intensity. Good day to sit in front of the fire and eating popcorn.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back