What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

woodstock

its sunny and 20 here this morning.......no wind so far......Happy New Year everyone.........
they keep talking about the significant snow totals starting tomorrow......ugh......not very happy about this...

14F and that will be our high for today!
Snow later on this afternoon....
Light winds out of the NE....
Hazy sunshine...
Hard to say how much snow we will be getting when it arrives....
They are saying the that the weather we have been getting will continue for some time, with below normal temps, and that this is the first real cold winter in 18 years!!!!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Hey Happy New Year to you too! Yep we're ahead of you time wise..let's see here it's about 7:50am here Thursday....so it should be approx 4:50pm Wednesday afternoon in Woodstock........ just working it out in my head so it may be wrong lol. Currently 76F and humid here....getting up to about 90F today....

about
Happy New Year Wombat.......think you already celebrated.....what is the difference between us timewise?

its 20 and sunny here.....expecting snow lateron....nothing much......but the BIG one is coming on thurs into friday......for me, they are talking a foot to 18 inches........OMG!!!! we are only 10 days into winter.......think its going to be a wild one......

Happy day after New Year John!
Just started snowing with a 16F!!!
Figured it would snow since the winds are out of the NE!

wow thats a big difference in time John.......my friend Anne who lives in london, is 6 hours ahead of me.....but thats like 15????? you really are on the other side of the world......ha ha....

not liking what Im heard about this next storm.....it was going to start tomorrow afternoon, now its going to start tonight and snow until friday.....should get some good totals.......batten down the hatches Laurie......we are in for a fun time.....

I was actually awake last night when midnight rolled around. I went to bed at 11:00 but didn't go to sleep. At midnight it sounded like a war started around us.

7F with a windchill of -13!!!!
Winds are out of the NE at 24 mph,
Snowing and blowing, with a lot of the snow coming from squall activity!!
Expecting around 12"s but could be more....

its been snowing since last night....but very light, so only 2 inches this morning......but it will pick up with intensity lateron.....they are still talking a foot around here......but all snow.....thankfully, if you can be thankful for snow.....

hey john, does it ever snow in austrailia? Im thinking NOT.......

It is a typical Oregon fay here with light rain, solid overcast and 38 degree temperature.

4F with a windchill of -20!!!
Still snowing and blowing!!!
Hard to say how much fell since it is piling up into drifts!
Snow is expected to taper off over night!
Going down to -2 tonight with a windchill of -22F!!!

Nothing typical with this winter...it is a-typical

Yep M/s B it snows over here, not the blizzard conditions that you experience, but heavy enough for the ski season (June to September) but the falls are highly variable. It snows mainly in the southern states, not so much where I am (sub tropical) but it even lightly snows during Winter on a regular basis just 2 hours drive inland from me where the mountains are.
Going to be a hot one today 98F it's already 83F with humidity 78% at 7:50am...no breeze as yet......staying out of the sun today have got most of my get yard work done early

its snowing ad blowing here.....already down to 11 and going to 7 below tonight......windchills of minus 15 to minus 25.......going to be brutal to be out.....have to be in work at 8am tomorrow......that should be fun.....

Sunny and -11F!!!
With a light wind out of the north it feels like -27!
Steam is rising up off the lake this morning....

Tomorrow will warm up to 28.....30F for Sunday.....then the deep freeze moves back in with another snow storm by late Sunday which is coming in from the mid-west!!!

Last edited:
Sunny and -11F!!!
With a light wind out of the north it feels like -27!
Steam is rising up off the lake this morning....

Tomorrow will warm up to 28.....30F for Sunday.....then the deep freeze moves back in with another snow storm by late Sunday which is coming in from the mid-west!!!

I was just reading Ron that there is a Polar Vortex heading into the US Midwest with wind chills that could go to 70F Below!! will that be blowing through your area on it's way there? they said the great lakes are expected to freeze right over, it will be shattering records for cold in the US.
We finally got a beautiful sunny day after far too many days of hideous gloomy cold rain!! it was chilly though, a high of only 37F

Very warm today....105F which is pretty unusual for my neck of the woods. At least it's a dry heat......but I'm staying indoors till late this afternoon

It was a little cool this morning but warmed up fairly nice by afternoon. It was 28 this morning and 58 this afternoon. I enjoyed a nice walk with my puppy.

Yes Janet, you heard right!!
Boy! Are we in for it!!!
Right now the winds are howling out of the SW around 30 to 40mph!!
Temps are slowly rising and will be around 34F by tomorrow ahead of this next winter storm!
Then the temps start to drop!!
Expecting a good 12"s starting tomorrow evening into Monday!
By Tuesday we will be starting break all the the old reconds for extreme cold temps!

Stay tuned, will report more as things develop!

Dam, having intermittant power outages with this gale force winds!

o'cast and 84F but humidity is 90%.....changed my clothes twice already and it's only just after 10am...no rain yet though

wow it was a chilly one today........zero when I woke up and winds howling....making it minus 15......more snow tomorrow night and warming up during the night....saying it will be 40 on monday for the morning, then plumeting down again.....crazy weather.....

its 15 outside right now....sunny, and light wind......Im not anxious to go outside....even tho eventually Ill have to...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back