What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

another lovely picture Ron
woke up to an inch of snow, with more to come, lateron it will warm up so will become rain. tomorrow morning it will drop like a rocket again and go down to zero.

Thanks Woodie! This morning it is all white right to the horizon!
Got around 2 inches with more on the way this afternoon.....
28F going up to 30 this afternoon....dropping to 5F overnight....14F for tomorrow...then it warms up for the rest of the week with a high of 34 by Sunday!!! WooHoo!

mostly cloudy sky, some sun breaks this afternoon...supposed to be getting sunnier for the next couple of days. temp was only up to 45F today, down to 40F at night. hopefully will be a bit warmer over the next 2 days with the sun showing more.

We had solid overcast all day but no rain. We got up to 51 degrees and that felt pretty good.

It did get up to 33 with some sun this afternoon then the cold winds poured in out of the NNW!!!
5F with a windchill of -30!!

snow sleet and rain all yesterday, what a mess. this morning its 10 and the winds are howling, even tho we have blue skies, and it looks nice outside. it will gradually warm up and on sunday we expect 40. if they are correct it will be nice.

-2F with sunny skies....very cold sunny skies...
Light winds out of the NNE making it feel like -18F!!
Ice fog out over the lake with a band of clouds forming as the fog rises.....strange to see this when it is so cold out there!
Stranger still, a bit of a rainbow:
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

We had clear sky and 54 degrees but it was also breezy so it really made me feel cold when I was out there working (playing). I didn't last all that long and came back inside to warm up.

Cold and clear with a -2F!!!!!
Nice thing is that there is no wind!!!
Expecting a high of 19 this afternoon......with light winds out of the SW....

I have enough trouble tolerating the cold we have here. As much as I think I would enjoy living on the lake shore during nicer weather, I don't think I could handle the winters. I know there are guys that even go out and fish through the ice, but I think they are daft. LOL It is 31 here so far today with a clear sky. We are looking at a high of 49. I'm going to at least try bundling up a bit more so I can work outside for awhile.

Randy, a lot of the people who live along the lake go to Florida for the cold months!!
The view of the lake everyday is spectacular!!
This will be my last winter living here.....I'll be moving back to Hamilton....looking for an apartment..... we are selling the property now that Mom's gone.....I'd rather put up with the winter in the city rather them here!! Just cannot handle the intense cold winds we get out here!!!
23F and it has been sunny all day with just a light breeze out of the SW.......

wow Ron that rainbow is amazing.
10 this morning. getting tired of this bitter cold. wish it would warm up a bit. possibility sunday it may warm up. but then we get rain/snow mix. ugh

Woodie, I was luucky I got up early enough to catch those shots!!
Last night it dropped to 0F but had no winds....so that did help...
14F with winds out of the SW.....going up to maybe 23 this afternoon.....could be higher if the clouds clear out!!
A system is moving in from the west...we will miss most of it, but will get a nice flow of warmer air, and a few flurries overnight..

I'm not sure how high it got today but I think it stayed in the 40's for a high temperature. It was raining lightly (misting) this morning but by late afternoon was getting down to the serious business of raining.

It got up to 60 this afternoon. The sun came out as we enjoyed the day. The rain has been very beneficial this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lyn!! I would love 60F!!!

Last night it was very noisy and windy with winds out of the SW, and some blowing light snow....the winds died around 3am.....the silence woke me up......the temp stayed at 20F all night and has been going up....now 25....but it is expected to slowly drop as the day wears on.....should bottom out at 3F tonight, with winds out of the NW as another cold front passes through!
Warming up tomorrow!

Today was a special treat, sunny and quite warm, up to about 50F it was down close to freezing last night though. They said we will have rain back tomorrow so that's too bad. We went for a drive and the sun on the ocean was so beautiful! sorry no pictures! :)

Dropped to 0F last night!!!!
Today it's going to heat up!!
14F right now, with sunny skies..... going up to 37 this afternoon, and will be staying overnight, and tomorrow!!
Only problem will be with the winds coming in out of the south today, shifting out of the SW this evening and into tomorrow!!

its 20, sunny with blue skies this morning. heard that snow is heading our way tho for this afternoon, a big drop in temps lateron, then warmer air for sunday. wonder if that will be our little jan thaw.

this morning, sat, I woke up to 3 degrees, nice and chilly, but we have blue skies and sunshine. not a cloud in the sky. doesnt make much difference tho, and I dont think its going up much past 20. a warm front is coming thru tonight, so it will go up into the 30's, but it will also bring rain, so we cannot enjoy much outside. I would love to see 50's and 60's myself, but thats not going to happen around here for months!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back