What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Rain started around 11pm last evening with a bit of rumbling, and rained pretty much all night!
Now we have a severe thunderstorm watch for today....
73F with a humidex of 88.....winds light out of the SE.....shifting from the SW later on this morning and then west...could see gale force winds by evening.
79 for this afternoon with a humidex of 97......

we were told severe rain for yesterday but nothing happened. it all stayed up north in the adirondacks. too bad as we could of used that rain. anyway woke up today and its coolish outside, so I can open up the windows again. YIPPEE Im sure glad that blasted humidity is gone again. hope you see some relief soon too RON.

We didn't get any rain or thundersrtorms the rest of the day yesterday! It was a cloudy day with winds that picked up and became gale force by late afternoon. Winds died down by evening, and the clouds cleared out.....nice full moon!!
The system broke up as it headed our way! Figured that would happen! At least we got a good rainfall Monday night!
It was nice sleeping last night!
63F with a humidex of only 75 this morning.....with hazy sunshine.
Winds are light out of the north.
79 For this afternoon with a humidex of 90....
Possible isolated thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow! Maybe!

Back into the 80's with high humidity tomorrow! BLAH!
Then a possible cool down by Monday!

It was cool last night, but very humid!
72F this morning with a humidex of 84...
Mostly sunny with hazy skies.
Light winds out of the north.
81 for this afternoon with a humidex of 95
Winds shifting out of the SW as a front passes though.....
Humidex of 100 for Saturday expected ....

Last edited:
last night was nice sleeping weather. its great to have the windows opened again. 88 today and humidity will creep up over the weekend, then gone next week. happy to have a break finally after 7 days of HHH. I dont know how the florida people do it each summer! I guess they hide.

68 with some cloud but mostly sunny... humidex 81...light winds out of the SW.
Nice for sleeping last night.....
Going up to 82 with a humidex of 95....
Tomorrow will be very sticky with a humidex of 100+!!!
Then things start to cool down after a system moves in for Sunday Monday's high of only 70!!!!

nice sleeping last night here too. it was supposed to be 88 with higher humidity, but that didnt happen. had a nice breeze this morning. tonight will be in the 50's so another good sleeping night. tomorrow however the humidity will go up, temps will be about 90 and then storms come thru to refresh us. next week sounds wonderful. 80's during the day, and 57 to 62 at night. thats much better. I hope you get better than 70 for next week ron.

Still calling for a high of 70 with a humidex of 75!!! Need the break from the HHH!! It will be short lived as the temps and humidity slowly rise each day....75 by Tuesday and then upwards again!!

75 this morning with clearing skies... heading up to 84 with a 100(+) humidex!
Light winds out of the SW today..
Thunderstorms moving in late this evening with possible rain as a cool front passes through!
77 for the high tomorrow with possible thundershowers!
It will be a stick muggy night tonight!! Blah!

last night was good sleeping weather and so far its not too bad outside, but the humidity will rise during the day. too much humidity this yr for half of the USA. this all breaks between tomorrow and monday morning. fall is starting to look good to me, even tho I know what comes next.

humidity built up and by 7pm last night it was horrible. had to close up and put the AC on. foggy and like pea soup this morning. waiting for these storms that are coming this afternoon, then we will have refreshing air for most of this coming week.

It was unbearable by yesterday afternoon!..... Horrid trying to sleep...had the fan on to keep the air moving!
Coldfront arrived late last evening and had rain overnight. A fair amount fell!
Temps dropped as did the humidity now that we are on the cold dry side of the front!
Still going to be warm today, but a lot less humidity...
72F humidex 83....with winds gusting out of the west..
77 this afternoon with a humidex of 86...dropping to 61 overnight!!!
Calling for a high of 70 tomorrow with a humidex of 77!!
Winds shifting out of the NW by this evening...

we had rain too starting early evening until about midnight. cool air came in. its sunny and 65 this morning, but low low humidity. beautiful blue skies and a crisp feeling. a high of 78 today but going down to 51 tonight. I doubt it will get that low around here tonight but surely in the adirondacks it will.

No rain fell here yesterday! ....it rained to the south and to the north!
Nice sleeping last night and even slept in this morning!
64F with deep blue skies! Light breeze out of the north...will shift out of the SW this afternoon.
Heading up to just 72.... but possibly higher due to daytime heating.
Dropping down to 64 tonight...another nice temp to sleeping!!
Temp starts going up tomorrow .... with the humidity going up by Weds....

nice sleeping weather here as well Ron. its 55 here this morning, but going up to 80 this afternoon. another beautiful day is in store for us.

Cool and a bit nippy this morning at 60F! Great for sleeping last night!
Winds are light out of the west.
Clear blue sunny skies...
Going up to 77F this afternoon with a humidex of 84!!
Low tnight 70F with a humidex of 79....
Tomorrow 81 with a humidex of 91......

It was so nice sleeping last night I actually slept in.....10am!! That doesn't happen very often!
72F with a few clouds, winds light out of the south.
81 for this afternoon with a humidex of 91.....with winds out of the SW.
Rain possible overnight and tomorrow morning as a minor front passes through.....then the humidity ramps up!

Going to be a yucky day!
Rained last night when a front went through. Having a pause this morning until the next cool front arrives.
75F with mostly cloudy skies, with a faint breeze out of the west.
Humidex is 93F....
Rain with possible thunderstorms this afternoon with a high of 83 with a humidex of 99!!
Rain and thundershowers continue this evening.
Winds out of the SW...

no rain here yet. thunderstorms are supposed to come later this afternoon. nothing too bad. but its like pea soup out there this morning. yuck. today and tomorrow will be HHH then the weekend is supposed to be better for refreshing. YIPPEE finally a weekend I can get open up the windows.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back