What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

some rain and drizzle the past two days but sunshine today. shot up to 71. nice warm breeze too. now with Matthew approaching the USA dont know what we will get. another rainy weekend I fear. we need steady rain not torrents of water.

54F with foggy sunny skies!
Was very foggy earlier ...now the fog is lifting!
Some clouds, but mostly sunny...
Not much of a breeze out of the SE....
Going up to 7o with a 77 humidex this afternoon.
Low tonight 57....

59F with sunny skies...light winds out of the SE...
Heading up into the low 70's with a humidex around 77..
63 for the low tonight!

going up to 72 today. the first anyone here has seen sunshine since friday. its about time I say. haha friday will shoot up to 76 or more.
who knows what the weekend will bring. I see evacuations in coastal florida already. last night I heard it was upgraded to a Cat 4. not good news.

63 with some cloud, haze and sun.
Light breeze out of the south, shifting out of the NE this afternoon.
72+ for this afternoon.... humidex 79.....and mainly sunny.

May get the outer fringe of Matthew on Saturday with showers.... maybe!

46 here this morning but sunny and supposed to go up to 74 . watching the hurricane closely. dont think its coming up this way as they said it will pivot and go back south again. showers in our forecast for sat. hoping for sunshine for our holiday weekend.

oh, and in case I forget Ron. I wish you a very happy thanksgiving! have to send a card to julie too.

45 this morning with clouds. its supposed to go up to 78 today. we will see if this happens. dont know if these clouds are from hurricane matthew or just for somewhere else pushed over here. have a good weekend everyone.

Thanks Woodie!

Looks like Matthew may morph and absorb Nicole.....I wouldn't want to be in Florida when that happens! And it is probable that Matthew will do a loop and hit Florida again, with Nicole!

63F with sunny skies and light winds out of the south...
Heading to 73 + this afternoon....humidex 81!
Cool down for the weekend.....
Rain moving in overnight....

Last edited:
Yesterday was beautiful......this morning it is not!
Light showers are hit and miss as the coldfront passes through....not much of a front since it's becoming disorganized as it comes through.
61F with heavy clouds, winds are light out of the NW.
63 for the high with partly sunny skies this afternoon.
Low of 46 for tonight.....

48 and cloudy this morning. probably from matthew. if those two hurricanes come together, it will be a rough time for those down south.
thinking and sending prayers to all along the coast. Our crabbergirl lives in st augustine and I hope she is ok .
supposed to rain tonight. dont think we are going up much today. maybe 64. with clouds that might not happen. hopefully we will see the sunshine tomorrow.

Hey Woodie! Nancie is weathering out well! She posted some photos on Facebook!
Longterm forcast is for warmer then normal temps for most of next week....just have to get through this weekend with a bit cooler temps!
Could see frost in some locals and higher elevations..... maybe!

Nippy 43F this morning!!
Partly sunny with light winds out of the NW...
Only going up to 57 this afternoon!
45 for the low....
Think I'll be lighting the wall furnace today!!

a bit chilly and grey today. high is 58. started to see some sunshine. matthew is south of here but only some rain in the NE. we didnt see any.
hope we get to see the sunshine soon. thinking of crabbergirl in st augustine, and my dear friend libby in lumberton NC. I lost contact with her yesterday early afternoon. lots of flooding down there. so prays to both of them.

have a fun day tomorrow Ron

40 this morning but nice and sunny. we still have wind and I dont know if thats associated with matthew. its only going up to 58 today.
hope all is enjoying their holiday.

Crabber is doing well....posted on fb and added photos of the damage and their clean up!
Hope Libby is ok...probably have power outages!

Frost on the roof tops this morning. Glad I brought in my tender plants yesterday!
Frost possible again tonight....

36 with clear blue sunny skies!
55 for the high this afternoon.....
Light winds out of the NE.....
Warmer tomorrow..

thats good news about crabber. lots of flooding in lumberton for at least a week. dont think Ill hear from libby for a while. from what Im seeing on the weather channel, water is up to the tops of stop signs. so worried about her. no power there as long as the water is high.
35 tonight and frost advisory. burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the winds were whipping today.

Photos of the damage from Matthew are amazing....it will still be a while for the flooding from all the rain to finally drain away!

Heavier frost on the roof tops, and this time the grass frosted over.
Dropped to around 33 last night! That's it for frosty nights, at least for this week!
43 this morning and sunny.....very light winds out of the south...
Warming up to 61.....and a low tonight 54!!
70 for tomorrow!!

39 this morning and the heat came on. I finally heard from my friend libby down in NC. so far she is ok and no flooding in her area. she heard the helicopters rescuing people. shes a bit shell shocked right now. matthew also blew thru nova scotia. lots of flooding there and power outages, but julie is ok and safe. now nicole is on the way and heading right for nova scotia. prayers to all up in the path of nicole.
sunny here and going up to 70 today.

So glad Libby is ok!

Today will be the warmest day of the week!!
57F with sunny clear skies... light wind out of the south.
High this afternoon 72+ with clear skies...
Rain moving in this evening as a cold front passes through...showers for tomorrow with a high of 55.

My wall furnace is not cutting in so called our landlord ....someone will be coming...hopefully today to replace the thermal coupler....Been a bit chilly in here the last couple of mornings....
At least the pilot light is giving off some heat to kill the chill!!!

Beautiful day yesterday! Hit around 75F!
Coldfront passed through late last evening....bringing showers.
54F with light winds out of the NW.....lower clouds are out of the north, upper cloud level are coming in out of the west. Having moments of sun!
More showers for today with a high of 55....
Dropping to 39 tonight....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back