Have you ever done something really stupid?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Oh, my! I tried using dishwashing liquid in our automatic dishwasher once. I figured it was for dishes, so why not. I found out. I had suds all over the kitchen floor. Lots of suds.

Randy, I did the same thing! Oh what a mess it was! I filled the cup the whole way too. I luckily caught it before it got tooo bad!

ROFLMBO I did the liquid soap in the dishwasher too. My first dishwasher in our new apt. I had company coming for dinner. I turned the thing on and went to get dressed. When I got out of the bedroom I saw soap suds coming into the living room. It had gone thru the kitchen thru the dinning room and into the living room. I slipped in the suds trying to get to the machine so I could turn if off. DH and DS both slipped in the suds while trying to help me clean up the mess. By the time our friends arrived we were all in hysterics and covered with suds. Everyone was having a great laugh when the smoke alarm went off. OMG I’d forgotten dinner on the stove. Thankfully these were the dearest people. They pitched in to help clean up the mess. They waited while DH, DS, and I all took showers. We were all as poor as church mice so we all went out to dinner at Burger King. Dutch. That was 20 years ago and we still laugh about it.

Oh, my! I tried using dishwashing liquid in our automatic dishwasher once. I figured it was for dishes, so why not. I found out. I had suds all over the kitchen floor. Lots of suds.

LOL! My dear husband did the samething. We had been arguing and he was trying to kiss and make up by doing house work. I came in and he and the kids were trying to clean up a sea of suds in the kitchen. It was by far one of the funniest make ups we ever had!

I learned really the hard way about scaffolding.:eek: I had a folding ladder 20' that would make a kind of scaffold but you still had rungs so I took a scarp of plywood that fit width wise but length wise it was way long. I told myself "you are smart enough to not step off the ends" Well NOT! :rolleyes: It was mid July blazing sun. I had set up on a scarp of plywood on a deck that was just framed not decked. When I stepped off the supported end I was launched down into the frame work about 6' below. The deck was about 4' above ground. When all was said and done and I landed I looked like some kind of cartoon all bent and tangled in the frame of the 2x6 deck work. The thought that crossed my mind was that if my back was broken I would lay there for about 6 hours baking in the sun. My dogs were all standing around looking at me like what in the world have you done now. :confused:I began testing parts to see if in fact I could move. Much to my surprise all was ok untill the next morning when all the balck and blue spots showed up and I had to come clean with hubby about how stupid I had been. :eek:

I think anybody that has ever worked in construction has done that. As long as you survive, it's not likely to happen again. Course, that's true with the soapsuds too. LOL

Last edited:
LOL! Randy you may be right about the construction! Some are not so bright, as for the soap suds I know a few who might not make the connection about "dish soap" LOL

As one who has done many stupid (and sometimes thoughtless) things, I thank you all for the chuckle and applaud your humanity.
When I was dating my hubby, I went to give him a kiss and put my hand on his face...at the same time I had a muscle spasm in my shoulder! You guessed it,poor guy got a resounding slap!

My x was changing the oil in our car many years ago, we lived out in the middle of nowhere. When he was done he realized that he forgot to put the plug back in where the oil drains out, all the new oil was on the ground under the car. His parents had to come with more oil. It was pretty funny.

I had another episode this morning. I was checking the chain adjustment on a chainsaw and grabbed it in the wrong place. The chainsaw needed sharpening, but it was still sharp enough to remove a little piece of hide on my finger.

I think one of the funniest things I ever did though was when I had taken my granddaughter to the church parking lot to play with her boomerang. I found out that it worked pretty well. I gave it a hearty toss and watched it go up and then head back to the ground. I watched it until it hit me just under my nose.

My x was changing the oil in our car many years ago, we lived out in the middle of nowhere. When he was done he realized that he forgot to put the plug back in where the oil drains out, all the new oil was on the ground under the car. His parents had to come with more oil. It was pretty funny.

My daughter is a remakable young woman very self sufficient and will do things for me. She has maintenced heavy equipment. SO she "knows" what she's doing. I watched her do the very samething on my truck and of course Mom needs not say a word. LOL!

Ouch Randy. Tim and I were in the woods cutting a path one day. He has a bad habit of using his chain saw as a brush cutter as he walks. Well you guessed it , the saw snagged on a potato vine and he walked right into it. It caught just under his right knee and grabbed the jeans he was wearing and dug into the skin. When the shock wore off and he decided to look at it, he was ill! (I'm still laughing at this minute right now) I thought he would pass out, the threads from the jeans were imbedded in his skin and it looked like tendons and viens. As it turned out it was not bad at all not even any stiches. But boy what a really stupid trick! Oh , his statment before hand was "watch this" LOL! You know when someone says that it's gonna be good.:)

Back in the day when Hibachi's were popular I decided to cook some steaks. I was so green that I didn't even know how to put charcoal in it. Each side had an indentation that would fit 4 charcoal briquets and that is what I did. Having placed the 8 pieces of charcoal and a squirt of fluid it started, but when it became time to grill there wasn't enough heat to even roast a hotdog. How embarrassing!!!!!:eek:

I have one. I decided to throw a pizza in the other night. Opened it up put it on the pizza tray, popped it in. No problem. I told stepson to take the garbage out right after I had done this, and he was mad at me that day so he was stomping around.

I go to take the pizza out, and am looking for the cardboard insert to place it on to cut it. can't find it. DH comes out and asks what it wrong. I can't find the darn cardboard. I bet Jon threw it away when he took the garbage out. I go to confront Jon (wouldn't have been the first time something like this happened). DH starts laughing, I go back to the kitchen...I cooked the pizza on the cardboard....................

Crabber, I'll know better than to grab that chain where I did again. It's just a little nick in my finger, but it do smart.

Hardly a day goes by that I dont do something stupid!!:eek::D But-one of the big ones was starting to smoke at age 40!!!!!!:eek::(

Reading this thread made me feel like I'm not alone in the mix of it all by myself! I've had several events in my life where I've felt silly over things I've done - God's not finished with us all just yet!! :)

I went to a seminar almost 40 years ago, Phil, where we were give a small button to wear. What you said just reminded me of that. It was a seminar that lasted for a whole week called "Institute in Basic Youth Conflicts". It was put on by a fellow named Bill Gothard and was one of the most worthwhile seminars I have ever seen. But the buttons we were given just had the letters 'PBPWMGINFWMY', the acronym for, "Please be patient with me, God is not finished with me yet."

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back