My veggie garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I'll keep everyone posted with photos as the garden develops and grows!
Had to give the toms, squash and zucs a good soaking this evening! We really need rain!
Still haven't planted the eggplants and i think I may just repot them into larger pots as they grow! I did this last year with great results since I can feed them more often and keep them well watered! They are greedy pigs and fed them 15-30-15 watersoluble type every other week! I'll use larger containers this year! I'm using a triple mix with extra peat!

I'll be watching for more pics guyz! :)
I finally found a way to keep plants alive inside! The last ones got ate up by spider mites. I'm gonna use ivory soap, Canola oil, and water to spray them with! Well, when I get some more plants started inside.

Josh,
Sorry about the heat. It can sure keep a garden from growing. We are getting the much needed rain but it may be the end of the tomatoes. I can't keep anything sprayed .
( organic as you know has to be applied after rain, what do you do if it never stops raining :( )

John,
Good lloking peppers. Jalapenos?

Ron,
When is the end of your feggie growing season?

That might be pushing it Nancie! By early November everything in the veggie garden is
pretty much finished! if the frost doesn't get the coles the cabbage butterfly caterpillars will!

Nancy, it has no heat at all and I use it when the larger ones (bell peppers) are finished for the year. They're not quite as yummy as the larger ones I grow in the warmer months, but they survive the wet season and they taste just fine. It's a tall, hardy, bush capsicum that can live up to 5 years in a warm climate. The fruit are 2"x 4" and taper to a blunt point, ripening from green to red. It's resistant to wilt and I'm told it can also be used as rootstock for grafting other capsicum varieties. I always have one as it survives our winter very well and supplies us with peppers when the wussy ones won't grow....:)

Last edited:
Took a couple more pics of some of my garden beds:) They're looking a little bit tired but I'm letting a lot of the lettuce etc go to seed. In amongst the ''mess" are both green peas and sweet peas climbing up the wire and a large variety of different loose leaf lettuce and asian veggies plus some calendulas:)

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 268
Nancy, it has no heat at all and I use it when the larger ones (bell peppers) are finished for the year. They're not quite as yummy as the larger ones I grow in the warmer months, but they survive the wet season and they taste just fine. It's a tall, hardy, bush capsicum that can live up to 5 years in a warm climate. The fruit are 2"x 4" and taper to a blunt point, ripening from green to red. It's resistant to wilt and I'm told it can also be used as rootstock for grafting other capsicum varieties. I always have one as it survives our winter very well and supplies us with peppers when the wussy ones won't grow....:)

They look awesome. I am going to add severl types of peppers next year. I have cubanellas, sweet banana, pimentos, habrneros,yellow yummy bells, jalapenos, sweet red chilis, reg red chilies ,green peppers and red and yellow peppers.I am Looking for something new and exciting.

Still looks great John. I am letting things seed right now in prep for my fall garden. Getting ready to plant my pumpkins and winter squashes. Still a little too hot.

I think I'm moving to Australia and sleep in Wombat's garden. I love peas and lettuce! I must be part rabbit. Wombat, I'll need your address. :) ~ Curbie

Hey Wombat, those gardens look great! :) My tomatoes and peppers are still alive and looking okay so we'll prolly still get some this year, yay!

Hey Crabbergirl, that sounds like an awesome pepper collection! :D

Hey Curbie, get a flight that makes a stopover in Oklahoma. We can split the lease on a car when we get to Australia! :D

Thanks Trax. I love peppers. Some plants like the habs and the cubanellas I only have one of. Next year I am expanding my plantings so I can give more to the "Bread of Life" soup kitchen. I just took them about 6 pounds of okra this morning. They are so happy to see me coming. So I just feel like I need to capitalize on what i grow best.

Getting ready to plant my greens and I am going to double up on those as well.

I took these yesterday evening.
1, half of the garden
2. some pimentos, banana peppers and the cubenalla
3. 1/2 tomato patch

Attachments

• garden half view.jpg
    garden half view.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 254
  • peppers1.jpg
    peppers1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 281
  • garden1.jpg
    garden1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Omg! Awesome gardens, Crabbergirl! :D And I totally love fried okra! Now I def can't wait for mine to start growing again! That huge rain we got and it wasn't as hot today so maybe the heat is breaking up! I Hope! :)

Thanks guys! This year isn't a good as I had hoped. I was late getting started.
I can't wait until I get my fall stuff going.

Our weather...rats, I'm on the wrong thread....see you later :) ~ Tripped over a curb ,,,,I wonder if I should have a brain transplant? Can 'they' do that? Anonymous

Dr. Frankenstein did one, Curbie. Trax, I love fried okra too and that is the only way I do like it. I tried growing it here and it just won't grow and produce. I'm pretty sure our nights are too cool. I bet it has been 20 years since I had any fried okra. The rest of my family here doesn't care for it.

oh great ~ me and frankenstein could be related. The only time I've had okra has been when it's in soup and it was slimey. I'll bet it would be good fried. What about fried green tomatoes? Anybody ever tried that? Geez, there I go again....i may be on the wrong thread. "FRANK! Do you still have that BRAIN????" ~ Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back