The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Ditto what Peggy said!

I won't go into my postal working experience ... don't have the time but I think some of you may remember my breif stint in Hell. I agree with the politics comment. It wasn't the job that I hated ... I actually loved that part. I just couldn't take the way I was treated.

Enough of that ... I've got to run but wanted to pop in and say hello to my peeps. So ... Hey Y'all! :)

Well, our's is a small town (city) and I love it. But I have watched people treat employees of the bank, restuarant, post office, etc. poorly. Sometimes they may deserve it, but that still is not the best way to make things better. It was one of the postal workers that told me I could save some money on postage by using those flat rate boxes. I use enough of them that they give me a carton of them (25) when I start to get low. They treat me great, but they still won't give me a discount on stamps. LOL

The other day I was at WalMart and the garden center manager was checking out the customers as she had no one else helping her at that time. Well the garden center manager and I have become friends, even friends with her husband. There were 2 customers ahead of me. One slow elderly lady taking forever giving Kathy the WalMart worker her money. Then next comes a woman that thought she was so important and full of her self. One of her transactions was making a payment on her WalMart credit card. Didn't know there was such a thing. Kathy wasn't real familar with that type transaction. The customer kept muttering the whole time she had to call on the phone to ask how to process the payment. Finally I had had enough. I could hear every word the woman was muttering about how inefficient Kathy was, slow making her late for work, etc. You get the picture. She made eye contact with me and I looked her dead in the eye and said to the customer (wouldn't call her a lady, something she is not) "Mam she is doing the very best she can." The woman looked at me and lied and said, "I haven't said anything". I just glared at her. When she finished the transaction and it was my turn at the checkout Kathy thanked me for saying to the customer what she couldn't. You see she had heard and understood every word that the woman was muttering as well, but couldn't say anything.

Dale---kind of makes you wonder who told these rude people they were Queen(or King). It always makes me wonder what makes some people think they have a right to treat others so rudly? I just dont get it.

On another note---I got a reply from the email I sent to Campbell's Soup!:eek: They appologized for my inconvenience but want me to call their 800 # before they can "properly" report it!!! Don't know what else I can tell them--had to give them the product # and UPC # etc. from the can when I sent them the email . Oh well-will call them later. Also said they were sending me more "correspondence" in the mail. Probably coupons for the "vegtable beef soup"--LOL!!:D

I contacted a pet food maker when I recieved a sample of their new cat food and my cat went nuts over it. I emailed them telling them how much my cat loved it and they sent me 5 $1.00 coupons to use. Last time I bought the food as soon as I got home from the store it was time to feed Missy, I didn't even have a chance to put all the groseys away. I feed her boiled chicken and the dry cat food, as soon as I poured the dry food in the bowl she left the chicken and went right for the dry food. My camra was on the counter so I snapped this picture thinking I would send it to the pet food company and maybe get Missy a job ---Chicken is getting expensive! I was so glad that I hadn't put the cat food bag away.

Attachments

• Picture12-23-08 099.jpg
    Picture12-23-08 099.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Picture12-23-08 102.jpg
    Picture12-23-08 102.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Wow, Sharon...that must be some good food!

I don't know what they put in it but she loves it. I have tried other dry foods and she would only eat one kind before I recieved a sample of this. I even tried her other dried food next to it to see which one she would go for and she went right for the new one. She won't eat canned cat food and is very picky about other meats, but she does love her chicken, but she likes the dry even better then the chicken -- which I can't believe.

Dale I worked for K-Mart years ago as a check out opperator when I was in my 30's and while I was traning they kept stressing how we should never hit a customer. Well I had a horror of a customer one day that was just giving me the hardest time (there was a full line of people behind her watching her actions) She got me so stressed out yelling at me and telling me how stupid I was. (I really needed the job) As she started to walk away I was at my breaking point and screamed at the top of my lungs " It was a pleasure to serve you" All the people in the line crack up laughing which ended my stress --- I guess it's all in the way you say it.

That was good Sharon. I didn't work with customers face to face but on the phone for much of my career with Southwestern Bell/AT&T and it was hard when you had difficult customers. Some even cursed at me and when you have people like that there isn't anything you could do to satify them. The louder they got the softer my voice became or I didn't talk at all and they would finally say "are you there", I think she hung up on me. I would respond " I was listening to you". lol Some would apologize but most wouldn't.

I think Miss Dorothy was applying one of the Proverbs. "A soft answer turneth away wrath."

Hi everyone, just a quick word from ''down south''......still warm, wet and rainy here. Plenty to do with all the fires and floods happening over here. So far we have escaped any damage, but there's a lot of folk who haven't. My garden's a little soggy but apart from that, it's still producing....not sure how...haven't been near it in a while....but I should be able to get out there this afternoon as the rain has now stopped for a while. Stay warm and well folks......this is a pic a few miles from us...it's receded a lot now thank goodness:)

Attachments

• r315854_1398691.jpg
    r315854_1398691.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 256
John my heart and prayers reaches out to the folks there...glad you all haven't been touched... So good to hear you and yours are ok...Keep safe my friend.. That pic is quite a site..
Good verse Randy....
If you have an enemy....Kill em with kindness..definitely can't stand it.

I like my mom and dad have always kept a variety of soups that i have made in the freezer handy when i get a hankering for soup and don't wanna cook...right now there is chili, chicken noodle, burgoo...and I love good potato soup...

I think I am finally getting over this yuk that I have had...it sure pulled the energy and strength out of me.. I am beginning to get a lil energy back.. Being sick sure sucks...

I am off to buy paint for my utility room and my computer room today....in that mood...ready for a change...

Gonna start some new seed in the next few days also...I am getting spring fever...I can't hardly wait...Presently 37° with a 45° high for the day...to be in the upper 50s next week..I will definitely get out and do something outside....good, bad or indifferent... Whos guess what I shall tackle.

Hope you are all having a good weekend... My two oldest teenage grand daughters called me last night and are coming to spend the day and night...they are sweel lil ladies... I forsee a Uno, Scrabble or Monopoly game this evening.. They always wanna play games when they come over...

Peggy

Peggy

Kill them with a soft stick Dor. I bet that really frustated them lol

Yes it did really frustrate some Swindy but the really bad ones nothing helped and they wanted to talk with your supervisor because I wouldn't say any thing. They only wanted someone to argue with.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back