The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Laurie, we will have to make it a point to make that cheese cake when you return. I do have plenty of berries on hand still. I need to make some more jam though. I'm running low on blueberry.

Miss Dorothy, I don't think we have ever had banana pudding in this house, so I am inclined to make some of that. My grandson is sure different. He doesn't like the desserts that I make.

Dor, that sounds like a really yummy banna pudding. I'm lazy and do a quick uncooked version. 2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding..follow directions on the box which will give you 4 cups of pudding. Layer half box of vanilla wafers in a dish, cover with 4 sliced bannas, cover with half the pudding and repeat this layering again. Top off with a container of cool whip and refridgerate 6 to 8 hours, giving the wafers time to soften.
This couldn't hold a candle to your cooked recipe but if pushed for time..it's still a very good desert.

Dor, that sounds like a really yummy banna pudding. I'm lazy and do a quick uncooked version. 2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding..follow directions on the box which will give you 4 cups of pudding. Layer half box of vanilla wafers in a dish, cover with 4 sliced bannas, cover with half the pudding and repeat this layering again. Top off with a container of cool whip and refridgerate 6 to 8 hours, giving the wafers time to soften.
This couldn't hold a candle to your cooked recipe but if pushed for time..it's still a very good desert.

THANKS Dor for sharing your recipes..keeping them both :p
I also make the quick & easy recipe like Gloria and agree yours would be yummy!

I know I will never be able to taste all the offerings posted here, but there are some awesome cooks on this forum.

I have to tell 'you' about my trip to the drugstore ~ I went back to the prescription part and this gal (Odelia) was working with the pharmacist who was telling her about how to do something. Odelia has worked there for MANY years. I waited...and when Odelia came over, I said,"I don't see any more Horny Goat Weed in the vitamin aisle." (This has been a joke for YEARS b/c there really is 'Horny Goat Weed' and I bought the last bottle just because...it's a stupid name.) Odelia looked at me and I looked at her and then I said,"you know you're going to get into trouble if you laugh........" So I asked about her new hair-do ~ there was a couple behind me now and I asked if I could touch her hair(cornrows and an odd color)......SHE TOOK IT OFF b/c it was a WIG! The guy BEHIND me said,"WELL, I've never seen THAT before!" The pharmacist said,"me neither...." Odelia asked," ma'am...:)...what is your name so i can find your prescription......" I'M NOT TELLING you my name. The guy behind me said,"Whatever she is getting is fine for me too." It was eye drops.......... The lady in the candy/Easter aisle saw a white chocolate rabbit in my cart and she stopped me. She's Irish and has been married 42 years to a Palistinian ~ 6 kids. Astounding ~ simply astounding. ~ Curbie :)

Curbie, that is so funny pulling off your hair. I plan to buy a wig for my bad hair days but I will never pull it off.

Sandi, Gloria, and Flowers I am glad you all like the recipes. They are little timely but well worth the time.

These things really do happen to me about every 3 days in a row. I answered the phone yesterday and the person asked,"Is this you?" I didn't have a CLUE who it was but I KNEW it was ME<<<<. She said,"I think I dialed the wrong number." She called back ~ seriously....."Do you have a phone book b/c I can't find this person's number." When she told me she lives in Illinois..I said,"That's not near WashingtonDC WHY are you calling ME???" "Her name is Joyce".....that's my LAST name but she was very nice ~ Curbie

Curbie, sometimes I'm speechless after reading your posts...you make my day!
Dor, I've gotten a bit lazy and take the easy way out at times. My hubby had been really ill for quite a long time and didn't eat enough to keep a bird alive. What he did eat was off the wall snacky stuff so I just stopped doing much cooking..well, the good news is that RJ was finally diagnosed after loads of tests and a short hospital stay the first of Feb., he's making a full and quick recovery and I can't seem to keep him full. He's gained 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks. The bad news..I have to cook again but lucky for me, he likes to cook too. I plan to try your recipe, anything foods made from scratch is way better than instant.

Laurie, we will have to make it a point to make that cheese cake when you return. I do have plenty of berries on hand still. I need to make some more jam though. I'm running low on blueberry.

Randy
It's a date... Would have liked to come out this yr but don't see that happening the way work is. Working about 60+ hrs a week and the house sure shows it and I don't have the energy to do anything when I get home other than play on the puter for a bit to relax. On my way to bed now. Was at work @ 6 this am and worked till 5:30

Well, most likely I'll have berries again next year. I keep thinking I may catch up one of these days, but it just doesn't seem to happen.

Sounds like my ex SOB lol

My Lawyer advised me that if I ask for more...then I will get what I wanted....and I did! and I got it too....

I hate Lazy men that arent man enough to stand up and help take care of the kids they helped to bring in this worl....tell her to tunr the lawyers loose on him and let them rip him to shreads!

Yep, and if more people did what you do, the welfare rolls would shrink .......or maybe the jail rolls would grow. If they don't wanna work, they should not have kids!!! My ex quit working for a paycheck when my youngest was 13....just worked for cash...........and started applying for disability so I couldn't get a dime out of him. Tough raising kids on one skinny paycheck. GO RHONDA!!!

Talked to Herby Ann again this weekend. She said her doctor gave her some new meds and took her off one that was making her 'senseless', and she's feeling better every week. Said to tell everyone Hi and she hopes things work out soon so she can get back online.

That's good to hear. Libby's birthday is coming up in a few days and I have to check and see if I have a card to send. She won't be back on the internet though as it is too costly.

It is so easy for me to remember Libby's birthday because of a couple of little girls that are grown now. They are twins and when they were three, they appeared in our church and into this kid's class where I was assisting. It took them awhile to get it across to me so I could understand, but they really wanted me to know their birthday was March 7th. But will all the effort they put into it, I have never forgotten. About 5 or 6 years later the two girls appeared in a line formed in front of me where I was making balloon animals for children. I was helping another fellow, the one sho taught me how to do the animals. I saw the twins a little further back in the line, but they were close enough to hear tell the fellow, "See those two girls in line. I bet their birthday is March 7th." You should have seen the look on their faces. Libby's birthday is the day after.

What an amazing story. I rarely forget kids names but I (wife of MTM) has NO memory for numbers. (can't work at the post office :) ) Now see, I'd like to know how to make a balloon animal. Birthdays are written on a calendar..........hm..........balloon animals

Attachments

• 05_eyoor.jpg
    05_eyoor.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 240
  • birthd_0010.gif
    birthd_0010.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 235
  • party_animals_e0.gif
    party_animals_e0.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 219
i just have to tell you all about what i saw yesterday...while spring cleaning out the flower bed yesterday i glanced up at the car going down the street (my neighbors aren't the most sociable types but most of us do keep an eye out for each other) well it was a BMW with personalized plates IM PST....soooo i had to ask meself is the lady driving named peggy sue thomas or is she just mad???IN A BEAMER!!! so if that wasn't bad enough later in the day i had to go pick up car-pooling MOTH, i was pulling into the parking lot ahead of a gorgeous '10 black mustang , man what an awesome looking car! personalized plates again....BE ETCH..oh my and it's a lady driving...but waaaait for it...when she gets out of the car SHE'S WEARING SURGICAL SCRUBSholey moley...this was kinda appropriate considering we were in the parking lot across from the hospital but dang hope i don't end up in her operating room any time soon...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back