The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Thank you, Laurie. He could be arriving any time now. We had an offer from a couple to cater our Mother's Day dinner today. It promises to be quite an event as Andrew was a chef before taking up a sales career.

That is awesome Randy, let us know what you had. Give MF & Fiona a hug for me and wish them a Happy Mother's Day. Thank you

Randy, thank you for referring to me as a remarkable person:eek:) I must have done something right because all three of my little boys called me today. One's 48, one is 46, and the other is 42 and I heard all of their voices today. I rarely see Robert on Sunday. He is a minister and lives 4 hours away. He called early this morning to wish me happy mothers day, because he not only had 2 services today but a funeral in the afternoon. My middle son Johnny is an investigator. He also plays in a band and since they played at a local club last night, we went and I got my mothers day hug from him just after midnight:eek:) Timmy, the youngest works hazmat and risked a lay- off from a huge cutback at their plant last year and works hard and long hours to insure his job. He called me early afternoon today, so I've heard all my dearest voices today.

I'm so very happy that you had someone there to help you when you were in trouble with your health the other day. Praising that the Lord still has plans for your future. We'd like you to stay here a good while longer.

Hope you are having a wonderful visit with your son.

Curbie, my respects to your sister for raising her children alone. It's not an easy job, but seems kids grow up better sometimes if times are hard.

To all the mothers here, hope you had a wonderful day!

We had all three of our children here today with us and four out of the six grandchildren. The dinner was a special treat and we had both prime rib and roast chicken. We had green beans and another vegetable that looked like it was shredded summer squash (very tasty). A Caesar salad was served first and then the rest of the food. There were also warm fresh whole wheat rolls. Dessert was cheesecake, but they had made a special one for me that was low-sugar. Fiona or Marcia Fay did not have to prepare a thing. I think the couple even washed the dishes before they left.

Well, how nice was that, Randy. Frogger, of course you're remarkable and never forget it. I have a lot to get accomplished today -> Thurs to move along with the burial of my Dad in Pittsburgh. Hope all had a great Mother's Day. My daughter came down ~ we laughed, we cried, we goofed off. and cut cats' nails :) I will see her Saturday at the burial in Pittsburgh. I was glad she and I had time alone ~ Mike was at his sister's home. ~ Curbie :)

We had a good visit with my son and his wife. They left a bit ago to resume their journey north. I cooked breakfast for evryone. I made cheese omelets and sourdough pancakes.

I am glad you had a great visit with your family Randy and you too with your daughter Curbie. My oldest daughter and I relaxed while my youngest daughter fixed a wonderful dinner for us of steamed crab and shrimp pot with potatoes, sausage, and corn on the cob and salad and lemonade. My aunt came over and visited with us. It was really nice.

Randy I opened the med/hot salsa and it is delicious. It is not to hot for me. I am going to try that recipe when my veggies are ready. I am going to let my kids try the salsa today since I have opened it. I just don't want them to go through it too fast.

YOU.... OPENED the SALSA! where is my chip? Yesterday, my daughter said,"WE whould have chips and salsa." Then WE will go to Texas. I explained and she asked,"Do you guys ever talk about gardening?" Salsa COMES from the garden ~ now tell me she isn't my daughter ~ "I thought it came from a jar." oh geez...... :) Curbie

Yesterday Mike had my Jeep to go to his sister's home. She has decided to move. This afternoon, I was going to the grocery store and went to get in and......2 fishing rods in the FRONT SEAT and a crockpot, kites in the back seat and 3 boxes. I couldn't put anything in the front seat, including my purse. I didn't go to the grocery store ~ :) Curbie

Good! I'm glad you like it, Miss Dorothy. My son sampled some commercial pepper sauce that I use and it sent him to the water to try and cut the fire. The stuff is called "Temporary Insanity" and it is quite hot. I put a drop or two in my egg when I make a one-egg omelet and that is enough to just give it a little zing. I saw John dip his finger in it twice and taste it. It doesn't hit you all at once though. The first time I used it, I sprinkled some on a baked potato and I ate about a third of the potato before I had to give it up. I don't think I use it for anything now but omelets, but it does really add some flavor to one of those.

I see this morning that my daughter got into my salsa after I went to bed. At the rate she is going it is be gone after 3 or 4 or her sittings. Curbie, I better get your chip in the mail soon or it will be gone.lol

Dor, hide it under your bed. Put it in the shed. MTMailman asked me the other night, "Do you know where the Klondike bars are?' nope... don't know where the pickles are either. I've copped a catitude recently. "Heck, I don't know where your dinner is either!" ~ Curbie :)

I think I will do just that Curbie. I will hide my rice krispies in my bedroom and my pink grapefruit juice in there with my salsa and chips. Maybe I need to get a cabinet and a cooler.lol

Do you know how many ways you can use a night-stand? You don't really need any of those things in it so now.....it's a pantry :) Think outside the box. I can surely send you a PlayMate for the...................salsa :) AND! You can lock your bedroom door. Now I have the hiccups ~ Curbie

Miss Dorothy, I made one batch of salsa (medium) that was mostly just for David. I was pretty clear that it was for him, but when it is gone, the rest of the salsa is "off limits". He doesn't listen very wll though and when he is finished with his, he goes to work on whatever he finds. I sent a couple of extra jars of really 'hot' salsa with my son and daughter in law when they were here on Monday.

My daughter sounds a bit like David. I have things that I like but I put them aside and when I am ready for them they say find me because she will demolish them because she will eat all of it.

I bought some bell pepper seedlings yesterday since mine didn't do too well. My Jalapenas a bloomings and I have a few tiny tomatoes. Our days here are hot but the nights are in the low 70's so I was surprices that the tomatoes set. I may have to buy a few bell peppers and tomatoes to make my first batch of salsa if everything isn't ready at the same time this year but I am determined to make salsa this year. I have tiny pumpkins from the volunteers plants in my front flower beds..

I will grow lots of tomatoes in the garden, but when I make salsa, I will probably buy canned tomatoes at CostCo. They sell those #10 cans of diced or crushed tomatoes for less than $3 a can. There are 7 cups of tomatoes in each can. That saves me oodles of time peeling and chopping tomatoes.

Good morning ~ I am in a rotten mood so say something randomly nice to someone in my honor. ....please.... ~ THE curb I didn't know I could feel this crummy but now I have the giggles b/c I can't think of one nice thing to say that doesn't include some incorrect words ~ well, THERE'S your kindness for the day ~ but then I laugh ~ IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO ME then you should plug your ears and SING :). Curbie

I will grow lots of tomatoes in the garden, but when I make salsa, I will probably buy canned tomatoes at CostCo. They sell those #10 cans of diced or crushed tomatoes for less than $3 a can. There are 7 cups of tomatoes in each can. That saves me oodles of time peeling and chopping tomatoes.

You have posted that before and I didn't remember. I wrote it down this time Randy. It will save me since I have the weakness and pain in my hands. Thanks

There you go. When I use my own tomatoes, it adds a full half day to the process. It takes me almost two days to make 4 gallons of salsa. The recipes I use most call for 20 cups of chopped tomatoes. That's 2-1/2 gallons of tomatoes. Three #10 cans puts me only one cup over that and that is negligible. My friend Salvadore will often bring me a couple of 5-gallon buckets full of tomatoes too though and I use those also for salsa.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back