What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

52F and the warm front already move through last night.
Going up into the 70s this afternoon.
Getting warmer each day YES!!!!!!
Got to dig over the area for the new veggie garden this week so it looks like it will be a good day to start!
The new area will be for tomatoes, peppers and egg plants!!!

The temperature is 69 to start today and is to go up to 80 later. We had rain in the night and more rain is possible this afternoon. The forecast reads as partly cloudy and windy with isolated thunderstorms possible. High around 80F. Winds SSE at 20 to 30 mph. chance of rain 30%.

Our forecast changed as the Pacific storm moved inland. We now have an overcast sky with showers in the forecast. The temperature high will remain in the 60's.

It has been quite cool and very rainy here :( They are saying we are supposed to have a return to warm temps and sun for the long weekend though, that will be great!

63F and heading back up into the 70s again!
No rain in the forecast until Monday!
Gotta start cutting the grass again!!!
Started to turn over the soil for the new veggie garden.....it is slow going after realizing how out of shape I am!!!
Give me a week or so and I'll whip this body back into shape!!!

I wish I could say that. I just read a statement by an old guy and he said that now he can reach his knees without bending the floor. It's not raining right now, but there are more showers to come. The sky is solid overcast with heavy clouds.

52F
Looks like another beautiful day!
It'll be a bit cooler then yesterday, just perfect for working in the gardens!

It is 75 this morning and going up to 97 today. I'd say summer is here. We are partly cloudy and the wind is calm right now.

We have cooled off from those nice warm days that we had and gone back into spring mode. I expect more showers today with occasional sun splotches and a high temperature in the mid 60's.

Overcast and 54F.
Going to be another warm day in the low 70's!
The veggie garden is almost done, need to put in the plastic edging and level the soil!
Got half the lawns cut yesterday, and should get the other half done today!
Rain on the way for the first half of next week so looks like it will be a good time to do some planting!

We stayed just below 60 degrees yesterday with occasional showers during the day. I think we are going to have the same thing today.

It is 73 to start, going up to 95 today. It is cloudy right now but they will go away before noon and it will be hot. I went down to the lake yesterday for a gathering and it was so hot out. I enjoyed the outing as long as I was in the shade. It was bearable with the breeze we had.

Good morning. It is 73 going up to 94 later today. I think summer has arrived. We still have two weeks of school left but it will be over all too soon. It is cloudy this morning and will be sunny later today but the wind will be blowing 20 to 30 mph so hold on to your hat.

chilly weeked here.......sunny but mostly cloudy yesterday.......this morning its raining....altho we need it, we dont need the weeks worth of rain they are predicting.....Im mostly done with planting here tho so everything is getting a good drink.....

Another beautiful day!
61F and warming into the 70s again!
20% chance of thunderstorms today and tomorrow!

It's cloudy and cool here. It was that way yesterday also but it didn't rain any. Temperature made it to 61 degrees.

It's 81*F with lots of t-storms, rain, and tornadoes for 3 days now. I watched one form and start down and the sirens went off but it lifted back up before it touched down. The sirens are going off now and there's a tornado just west of us and moving east but I think it'll miss us.
Edit. The tornado is confirmed and on the ground. Grabbing my camera! :D

Update. Got knocked offline by the power outs. The tornado is in central Moore now and it's 2 miles wide! :eek: F4 or F5. We're watching it on the news.

Last edited:
TRAX, been thinking of you with the tornados on tv......glad your ok.

today the humidity came in and it shot up to 80.....feels like july instead of mid may.....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back