What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

As you may have noticed, I've split the thread into a 2013 edition and an "before 2013" edition. All of your posts are still here, I've just created volume 1 and volume 2.

Having 17,000 posts to look through to show you the last post made the database work pretty hard. Considering how this is the most popular thread in the forum, it's better to have it be one that can load quickly.

As I mentioned, all of the pre 2013 "What's the Weather" posts are still around, they can be found right here: http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/showthread.php?5-What-s-the-weather-in-your-area

Last edited:
Trax! I sure hope you and yours are all ok, the devastation there is unreal!!
We had a very nice weekend, mostly sunny and warm, but today the clouds rolled back in, and it started showering about an hour ago. the weather guessers are saying we are in for some monsoon rains. bah humbug!

Praying Trax is ok, sure hope he can check in soon to let us know
We had a nice weekend, 60's and sunny, rained last night and off and on today
sun came out his afternoon and it was 70
we're to have a rainy week

The tornado is confirmed and on the ground. Grabbing my camera! :D

You grabbed your camera instead of ran for cover? That's crazy!

Well, sure, I'd do the same exact thing, but it's still crazy!

Thanks! :) We've been checking on people and everybody's calling to check on us and we're fine. The tornado today and the one yesterday both just missed us so it's been kinda scary but we're all okay, even our friends. We sent contributions to help out cause Moore looks like a war zone now. We'll have to find another restaurant for buffalo wings cause that's gone too.

It's 68*F and totally overcast but the bubble clouds are gone, yay! More strong storms are coming in tonight but I haven't heard any more sirens and it's prolly too cool now for any more tornadoes... I hope. I'm gonna play video games and sleep in the basement.

@ Bob. Lol! :D The camera idea didn't last very long and I almost needed to change my pants! I got grabbed before I could even get through the door and the only thing I saw after that was the basement.

Last edited:
trax, glad your ok.........so sad about moore, esp those little children in that school.....I doubt they are alive, but there is always hope.....

Thanks Woody. I just checked and there's still 15 kids trapped in the rubble. I don't understand why they didn't build an underground shelter but it's too late now. :(

It's 64*F with heavy thunder, lightning, and rain. There's an 80% chance of t-storms all day today. I just hope it's not like yesterday.

\Good morning to all. It is cloudy here and 76 degrees to start the day. We should see some sun and it will be in tdhe mid to upper 90's today. We have a slight chance of sever weather for today but we don't get the storms Trax has to put up with. I was worried about you boy when I saw the track of the last tornado. Just think I was driving through there on the 10 and thought that the area was built up again and no signs of the 1999 tornado.My grandchildren are in Shawnee but they were not near where the tornado struck there. We did some texting during that.

It is so sad about Moore! The news showed that there is nothing left of the town!
Glad you are alright Josh!

Thunderstorm last evening with some much needed rain!
More are on the way from the same systems that develop over the mid-west!
There's not much punch to these t-cells!

Got the new veggie garden pretty much finished! Installed the lawn edging to help keep the grass from moving back! Emptied one of the composters and spread it over the new area! Will work the compost in when I'm ready to plant the tomatoes and eggplants...

Thanks Ron and LynPenny. :) The toll went from 51 last night to 91 this morning and there's still missing people so it could get higher. I'm still trying to find out if Rob and Matt are okay cause I haven't heard anything from them yet.

It's 50*F and sunny but there's more storms coming. At least there's no tornado watch today.

We had a very nice day yesterday but the rain retuirned last evening and we will have showers off and on during the day.

The storms are gone! :D Btw, that's 24, not 91. They were over-counting. Also, the National Weather Service said it was an EF-5 tornado. We only lost one tree and it wasn't near the house.

It's 61*F and sunny! :D We're going down to 53*F tonight. It's way too wet to work in the gardens today so I'll just be checking seedlings indoors.

50 degrees, partly cloudy and a chance of rain... It's Seattle, so that's pretty much the same as it is 6 months out of the year. In the summer, the rain gets warmer. :)

However, tonight is going to be chilly, with temps in outlying areas possibly dipping into the the 30's. Could be hard on young plants.

Lol! Yeah, a chance of rain in Seattle is like saying there's a chance tomorrow will happen after tonight.

It's 54*F here and awesome! :D Today will be sunny and 82*F so we get a day off before we get 3 more days of storms. :eek: My peppers and tomatoes are doing really good but I'm worried about planting radishes. They're really suseptible to fungus and it's epically wet here.

It is 63 here this morning and going back up into the 90's today. We did not get any thunderstorms yesterday because our air mass was just too stable. We did get a little rain and the humidity this morning is 98%. I have to be at work by 11:30 so better get busy.

Partly cloudy and 72F!
Thunderstorms for this afternoon!
Hoping for more rain!
Going to try to get some 1yr old cacti seedlings repotted into larger pots today now that they are waking up and showing signs of growth!
Going to be cooler for the next couple of days as a coldfront moves in to dominate the weahter!

We didn't get frost last night, but it is still pretty cold, 42 degrees. Oh, and it's raining.

It was 97 when I got out of school today. I think summer is here but I know I would take some cool weather anytime you want to send it here. It has been a while since we had to worry about cold.

Bob and Randy, this weather is not acceptable!! it does feel more like fall or early winter out there! after such a promising start to the month of May this is really hard to take. The sun is supposed to be shining on friday and up to maybe mid 60's. I guess the silver lining is that the cool weather is extending the bloom time for all the beautiful rhododendrons and azaleas, just don't really want to walk around looking at them!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back