What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

We are having steady rain and expect to have it continue for most of the day. My wife and I really wanted to attend the Memorial day event here in Newberg, but it is an outdoor venue and that means getting soaked in 50 degree weather. Not going to happen to this old guy. It's good to see bot Curbie and the "Prowl" back in here.

Happy Memorial Day.....to all our veterans..........hope everyone is having a good day.
70 here and sunny finally after two days of rain, cold and gloom.......the breeze is chilly.....but its great to see the sun for a change....it will be warming up little by little this week......mid week 87......crazy weather for sure.....

Once this warm front passes through the temps will finally go up again!
Rain with thunderstorms all day as we ride this front!
54F
77F for tomorrow .... then into the 80's!

Been repotting 1yr old cactus yesterday into larger pots....only got stabbed once!!!
They are all waking up now and starting to put on new growth!
I have hundreds of seedlings I started this year, and they need to be potted up in the next couple of weeks! Busy, busy!!

raining here but humid.......will see 80 today and 90 by friday.......that and the humidity will make it very steamy here.....

68 going up to 75 and very humid!
In the low 80's tomorrow and low 90's on Friday!
Thunderstorms again this afternoon as the warm front tries to take hold!
Lots of rain last evening with one t-cell after another! Nice lightning display!!
House shook a few times!
we needed the rain

It is 80 here at noon and they think it is going to 86 but who knows. It is cloudy and we have a 30% chance of rain. We have flash flood warnings out for this area but no rain yet. We flood rather easily around here in places. I'm glad I'm on high ground.

It's 75*F here and awesome but we have severe t-storms moving in tonight with chances for large hail, winds, and more tornadoes. :eek: I think I'll sleep in the basement tonight.

Day after day of rain :( yesterday we had to make a trip into the city, a good portion of the day was spent walking and standing in line in the absolute pouring rain. We have had the woodstove and fireplace going, and when it does warm up a wee bit it is so humid. They say we are getting the sun back tomorrow for a good long stretch and I hope they are correct because I can't stand much more of this!

The sun came out yesterday afternoon which was nice. I thought we might have a clear day today, but even though it was clear at 7:00 AM, by 7:30 the clouds were building and we will have occasional showers today. The temperature is 50 degrees. I heard on the news lat night that the average rainfall for May was 2 inches and we have had over 5 inches so far this May. Last month the weather statisticians though were saying that we were below our average annual rainfall.

No rain yesterday and a few sprinkles this morning. It is86 out there now going to 91. We are mostly sunny with a nice breeze.

Randy ours is the same here. They said we were supposed to get sun back today but it didn't happen. Now they are saying maybe tomorrow. We only made it up to about 56F today. The grass sure likes this weather, I think by the time we can get out there even our big gas powered weed eater is going to have a hard time!

91 today, had a jacket on last night @ ballgame, 90's for the next 3 days then back to 70's

The severe t-storms totally missed us! :D We got nothing but thunder then rained all day yesterday but just normal rain without the winds and hail.
But it's not over yet. It's 73*F, cloudy, and awesome but tomorrow we'll hit 88*F with severe t-storms, wind, hail, and a chance for a tornado. Tonight we hit 65*F with the same severe t-storms. We never had this many storms or this much rain before. Should I plant rice?

Should I plant rice?

Go ahead and the storms will stop and the 100 degree weather will start and dry up everything.
it is 77 this morning with a high of 91 later. We will have sunshine as soon as the morning clouds burn off.

Heading into the 80s again today!
72F right now!
Will be mostly sunny with possible pop up thnderstorms probably later on today.
Got half the lawn cut and weedwacked yesterday, will do the second half today!
Still have some grape tomatoes seedlings to pot up...will plant them all in the garden in a week or so!
I find they do a lot better with no shock if I pot them up first before planting them in the garden!

There is a rice species that can tolerate dry conditions Josh!

We got a few more degrees higher than you, Janet. But we also had showers off and on. The day is starting out nice here, but we'll see how it goes. There are some high clouds but they aren't rain clouds, The temperature a little while ago was 52 degrees. I don't think we made it to 60 degrees yesterday but it was close.

Lol @ LynPenny! That would prolly happen so I'll check out Ron's rice and plant both. :D

Welcome to the forum, Catfish! :D

It's 90*F here and mostly clouded but zero storms yet - had to ask cause I just woke up, lol. If we don't get those storms tonight, I'll stop listening to the weather channel. I need a trained groundhog, lol.

glad to hear everyones weather is getting better! we have sun and warm temps today thank goodness! sever thunderstorm last night, someones house got struck by lightening about 5 miles away from us. the thunder was shaking the house!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back