What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hey boys and girls it was only 88F here today, a bit cooler than it has been. The beach was just wonderful....water temp 76F and lotsa fish!:)

It is 42 this morning and going up to 72 this afternoon. Now this is the winter weather I love here.

its 15 here this morning.....the winds were howling before but have died down a little......they predicted snow, but we didnt get any.....heck it probably blew away with all that wind....

3F!!!!!!
There's ice on the lake as far as I can see!
It is not solid ice but slushy!
Steam is rising up off the lake!
Winds are out of the west at around 21 mph!
Windchill -13F!
I'll take photos later....

Here's some photos:

The firstt three are from this afternoon
Wave action is slopping up the ice shards into ice mounts and some are cone shapped!

Last two are from yesterday....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 262
Sooooo cold

I live in Michigan and it got down to -6 . Haven't had it that cold in 3 Years. One good thing is we only have gotten 8 inches of Snow for the Season. Normal Snowfall is about 45 inches, but the Winter is not over yet!! As i type this it is 2 above zero out BURRRRR!!!! THINK SPRING!!!

3F
More ice covering the lake this morning!
There is just enough of a breeze out of the west to keep it from freezing over completely!
Going up to a toasty 14F this afternoon with partly cloudy skies!!

Ron, I don't care much for January either. It was 33 degrees earlier and it is supposed to warm up into the 40's before the day's over. The clouds are building for some rain.

I feel sorry for all of you who are in the cold. We are at 72 right now. A sunny sky and a breeze here. The reason I moved here is I couldn't handle all the cold, ice and snow that winter brings to the north.

Lyn
We don't have any snow....it all melted with the 12 day thaw!!!
The the temps dropped and still no snow,,,, the only white around it along the shoreline with the build up of ice!
It's 14F but only going down to 10 tonight!!!
Been watching the ice slowly move east with the occasional splash up onto the ice banks!
Winds are light and still out of the west....that will shift overnight and come out of the north, then NW for tomorrow!

It is darn chilly here. It was -2 this am without the wind chills -15 with the wind chills

I think the high was 5 today and more -0 tonight and still windy.... Places inland are colder..... Coldest day since 2007.....
Mt Washington was -85 with the wind chill. BRRRRR

Wow tonight wind chills will be from -20 to -50 around the state... temps will be -8 to -25 tonight...... glad it's will be on the warmer end here....

Next Wed in the 40's.....

Last edited:
Oh, Mindy. We're ALL frozen. I wear a jacket IN the house. It got all the way from 12° to 25°. I don't know except it is cold and MTM is wandering around in it. It's 7 PM so I'm sure he'll be frozed to the nose. Curbster

It is63 now and going up to 81 today. We are cloudy this morning and is to be partly cloudy this afternoon.

Thanks Janet!

10F with a windchill of -6F!
Light winds out of the north!
Mostly blues skies except out over the lake!

This cold blast of arctic air is due to the absences of La Nina! La Nina usually keeps the jetstream to the north, not sure about El Nino! El Nino hasn't formed this year....yet! Most of Canada is in the deep artic cold due to the jetstream going so far to the south....all the way down to Texas!
This winter is quite the contrast to last winter which never happened!

A warming trend will begin next week.....warming up to 36 Monday, 43 on Tuesday.....

It is still only 34 degrees here with rain, but the moisture in the air helps improve the comfort level. I haven't heard anything about the Mexican kids (La nina and El nino) either so I usually blame my wife. LOL

Guess global warming is screwing around with the cycles between the two!
It has been a very weird winter so far with the two extremes!
You can give Fiona a break since we cannot control the weather!

Winds are brisk out of the NW which blew all the floating ice out to the southern shores of NY.....Looks like they are getting another day of snow squall activity with these northery winds!!!
Ther's not a trace of snow here, but tomorrow will bring a system out of the NW which should dump a couple of inches!
Full moon coming up so that usually ushers in a warm period for us with a southerly flow of warmer air!!!

They really are, Ron. Thank you. Do the fish freeze in the lake? We got our first 1" of snow over night ! WOOHOO! It is so pretty. Looks like God sprinkled powdered sugar on everything. The Christmas tree is awesome. It's just staying cold with a few more inches of snow. It's supposed to get to a high of 20° today. Stay warm everybody! Curbie

its been bitter cold up here in upstate NY........a nice fat ZERO the past two days, and high of 10......hopefully this cold will break and we can back to normal temps again....

5F...................19F for tomorrow and snow!
Might get 1 to 2 inches.....maybe more, or less!

I'd rather see icing sugar then the brown sugar we have....except along the shoreline!!
Winds tonight are light out of the SW!

I'm suffering from Cabin Fever!!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back