What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

9:30 pm and 68*F... I must be dreaming... Going down to 61*F tonight with T-storms then up to 66*F tomorrow. :D My banana plant's doing awesome - thanks to Cindy. She worries about it more than I do, lol.

@ Curbz. How's your finger?
@ Ron. Awesome shots! Any ice volcanoes yet?
@ Crabber. Awesome wildlife shots!

36F going up to 46F.
Winds are out of the ENE.
More rain and drizzle for today and fog.
50 for tomorrow with more rain....

Josh
We need a good strong windstorm out of the SW for ice cones to form along the shoreline.

The rain has slacked off but it is still raining lightly. The temperature is hanging around in the low 40's.

Trax, I thought we'd lost you! :) We're supposed to get thunderstorms tomorrow with lots of rain. We had a high today of 72°. I have quit trying to out-guess the weather guessers. :) Curbie

@ Curbz. Grandad was seriously busy so I couldn't use his computer to get online. On the up side, I'm getting my own computer set up soon so I can get online whenever I wanna! :D Life is getting better!

It's cold and wet and wetter and colder. We had T-storms all day and the temps dropped. It's 45* now and dropping to 35* tonight. High for tomorrow is 47*F.

Well the cyclone has finally moved on from my neck of the woods, thank goodness! 3 days of constant wind (70mph) and rain (10") has given way to a blue sky! Glad it was only the tail end of it! Quite a bit of flooding in my state and a lot of cleaning up to do. 86F today but VERY humid.....

after a few nights with lows in the 60's we got down to 51 last night. the high today will be 61 quite a difference from yesterday when the high was 83. We are still cloudy and windy.

Had thunderstorms off and on yesterday and expecting more today!
One good boom knocked out my wireless internet!! Haven't been able to connect since yesterday morning after my last post!!!
Very thick fog this morning and raining!
54F.....broke a record for today.....with this latest warmfront!!
Coldfront moving in tonight with strong winds expected and a high of 30 with snow for the next two days!

We haven't changed any from yesterday. It is 45 degrees with light rain. That is supposed to slack off though and have some dry time.

It's not going to be the usual coldfront coming! It's going to be a very vigorous one!
Expecting 60 mph winds out of the SW starting around midnight!!
It's going to be a noisy night with waves and ice thrown up along the shoreline!
Temp has dropped and is now 48F......should be around 30F by midnight as the coldfront nears...

Josh
You'll get your wish about ice cones formation tomorrow!!!
Will take photos as they develop. With 60 mph winds with higher gusts it should be an interesting day tomorrow!!

Good morning! It is cold here today. It is starting out at 34 and going to 70 this afternoon. These cold fronts are not lasting too long so I will make it but I have to find my jacket this morning. I didn't wear one yesterday and it was colder than I thought it was.

Good morning folks. We have 60 mph winds here & things are blowing everywhere. The recycling bins are down the street somewhere. Brilliant sunshine. The temperature is only going to drop all day. It was 71° yesterday and today's high (it happened at midnight) will be 42°. Have a nice day all. Curbz

It looks like we might have a pretty nice day today. It is only 45 degrees so far, but I think the fog will clear and show us a blue sky.

It was a wild and windy night!!
Gale force winds out of the SW with lots of ice thrown up along the shoreline!
Winds have shifted early thismorning and now howling out of the west with more ice being thrown up on the beach!
25F which is really nippy after yesterday's 54F!
Winds are gusting to around 50 mph!!
Having periodic blizzard conditions!
Some of the ice cones are a good 5ft high....

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 226
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 216
Awesome shots Ron! :D
Its 19*F here but at least its not raining. Today's high will be 47*F and I can def deal with that. :D

We are a bit chilly today. We are starting at 48 and going up to 70 this afternoon. yeah the kindergarteners are going outside.

Thanks Josh!
More ice is being thrown up with these winds we're gettiing!

18F and mostly cloudy, that;s our high for today with a windchill of 5F!
Winds are around 30 mph with snow squall activity expected all day....

It is in the mid 40's so far, but I expect we will get to the low 50's. We got up to 51 degrees yesterday and that felt pretty good. There aren't enough clouds in the sky for rain.

It did get up to 19F, heading down to 12 overnight, then back up to 19 for tomorrow.
We have a snow squall watch with strong gusty winds out of the WNW coming in from Lake Huron!
It was a weird day with moments of sun, then a blustery blast of snow, then sun then more snow......this is expected to last all weekend.
Should have around 10 inches of lake generated snow by Sunday!!!

woke up to a dusting of snow, and black ice......the sun came out and melted it, plus the 50 plus winds blew the rest away.....expecting more of the same for the entire weekend.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back