What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Glad its coming Fri night so I don't have to get up Sat am and go to work....
sunny and 38 here today

too early to predict the silly thing, but its going to start early friday morning, light and then build by late afternoon...they are starting with a foot.....could be more could be less.....looks like CT, MASS and RI will get the most right now if it hugs the coast....if it goes inland, Ill be buried.......so if you dont hear from me over the weekend.....Im lost in snow.....

What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

It'll start here late Thursday evening with heavy snowfall after midnight and strong winds!
The two lows will merge over the Great Lakes then intensify!
What will be will be!!

16F

Last edited:
Same forecast as yesterday but no rain. My little ones were excited as they finally got to put rainy on our graph for the weather. It does get warm by afternoon.

23F
Winds out of the ENE.
Mostly cloudy with flurries on the way!
They upped the amount of snow to 12+ inches starting around midnight, with lake enhensed snow due to the the strong winds off the lakes!

I hear some people are supposed to get some really bad weather ~ like blizzards. Our weather here today is very cold ~high about 30°. Good luck to y'all in the blizzard zone. Curbster

We dropped down to 35 degrees during the night. I haven't looked outside yet though to see if we still have clouds.

we will start getting snow tomorrow morning.......nothing too bad, until lateron in the day when we will get 1 to 2 inches per hour....and it will continue heavy all night long......we can get anything from 16 to 20 or more inches....wish laurie and I luck.....we will need it...

1-2' for us maybe more, blizzard conditions 60+ mph winds, expecting power outages too...
thankfully it will be light and fluffy snow., lots of drifting

28F
Winds re out of the NE.
It's snowing and is epected to continue all day!
So far it looks like 6"s fell, but that is hard to say exactly since it's blowing around!
They are saying 2"s+ per hour!
Extreme drifting for later on today when the winds pick up speed as the storm moves out of our area!

We dropped down to 28 degrees last night and will see a high of around 45 degrees later on with a clear sky. It is foggy right now though.

BBrrrrrrrrr! So, it's windy also? (Mom & Hedy ok?) Stay warm & you,too, Laurie & Woodstock. Everyone try to stay safe & take it easy. Curbie

Last edited:
Temp dropped and is now 23F with a windchill of 7F!
It's nasty out there with lots of heavy snow falling!
Winds are out of the NE and varies but is pretty constant at around 30 mph with lots of higher peak gusts creating blizzard conditions!
The snow and winds are expected to diminish around midnight tonight! But I dout the winds will stop as the coldfront rips through as the storm heads east!

This storm system will merge with another along the east coast and become one huge mega storm!
I feel for Woodie and Laurie! They are going to get hammered!

Yes Curbie, mom and Hedy are fine...the two of them went for an afternoon nap!

yes, ron, we are going to have lots of fun in about 2 feet of snow.....it snowed all day but didnt amount to much......the best is yet to come overnight, with heavy snow, 2 inches per hour and 50mph winds.....oh joy....I just love winter.......

Hope you all have good snow shovels & pay attention to your personal health. I feel like a dud b/c we got rain & some people are getting a blizzard. EVerybody take care. I hope power doesn't go out anywhere. Hang in there kids. Curbie

the dig out is started here.......we have a foot of fluffy white junk.......its 33 outside so not too bad.......we never lost power, so all is good......the plows are out in force in this complex......soon Ill be off and running.....

just saw on the weather channel that portland maine has 29 inches and its still coming down.....sure hope laurie is ok......

33" in Gorham and still snowing and blowing. Thankfully it's light and fluffy and not wet heavy snow... 16 and very windy, wind chill below zero
snow was up to my waist or higher at the doors, could not get them open, finally got one shoveled out, if on facebook, I posted some pics and videos
The wind is real bad right now, I don't think I could stand up if I was outside right now.

Don't let that sunshine fool you, Ron, b/c it is still PLENTY cold here (wind chill at 17°) . That sun can be deceiving. Well, good luck with all that shoveling. If it's light & fluffy, I'd pray the sun will melt it away. The next step in all of this is the re-freeze. Shovel away. I don't know who has winds & who doesn't. Snow is a great insulator. Put it around a/c units. Well, not all of it. I think we also may need to focus on maybe Jules. Take care all. Curbster

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back