What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Janet,
That would be a scary reaction!
Glad you are alright!
Guess you will not be having that procedure again!

The weather system arrive last night and it is raining, at time heavy! Winds are gusting out of the South....will gradually shift and come out of the SW later on today......could see gusts in the 50-60mph range right through into tomorrow!!!

patricia has landed here. its lightly raining right now, but will get heavier as the day goes on. high winds tonight and temps might shoot up to 70 tonight as well. tomorrow afternoon it will clear out.

50F ...going up to 59 ...and my satelite internet connection keeps fading out with the heavy cloud cover and heavy rains!
They issued a Wind Warning and Heavy Rain Warning...they never issue 2 warnings...that's a first!
Flooding is possible with the 1 to 2 inches of rain expected....the wind warning is mostly for tomorrow when the winds shift out of the SW....calling for 60mph gusts.....40-50mph gust expected today! Possible sever thunderstorms could develop!

Had a pressure change headache all day.....
Looking at the weather map, it is a huge storm system!!
It is pretty much over now with just occasional downpours!
We got between 1 and 2 inches...lucky there was no flooding in our area, some areas got more...
The temp has been going up and down all day, temp now is 57 and holding.
We are still waiting for the strong winds which will develop this evening, and is expected to be very windy tonight and tomorrow....
At least there were no thundertorms!

Last edited:
We have the rain too and the weather guessers are saying it's going to hang around for awhile, four or five days. This is normal weather for October though. The temperature is cool but not too chilly.

patricia moved out of town early this morning. sunshine, blue skies and the temps are 65 right now and going up to 70. too bad I have to go to work. it would be nice to be outside for the day.

The winds have arrived!
Wind Warning for today....46F and partly sunny, may get a few quick showers today, the clouds are moving fast!
48 for the high....40-50 mph winds starting to happen and my get some higher peak gusts being close to the lake.
Already had a short power outage...could be more as the day wears on.....
Right now winds are averaging 33 mph out of the SW, will shift later on this afternoon out of the west.

I think we came close to 65 degrees today. It was cloudy all day and it sprinkled some but not enough to keep me from working outside. Heavy rain is forecast for tomorrow though and I will most likely be staying inside.

38F when I got up and a bit cloudy....43 now with sunny skies!
Might get up to 48 this aternoon, with just a light breeze out of the west...
So glad the effects of Patrica are over and done with!
The long term forcast is for above normal temps for most of next week!

31 this morning. we have had chilly mornings, but warmer afternoons. heard it will continue all next week as well.

34F early this morning....55F for the high with overcast skies.
Rain starting late this evening and ovenight.
Long term forecast looks good all of next week.....just need to get through the next 2 days...then highs in the low 60's and lows in the low 50's!!!

Welcome back to Standad time!!
54F with overcast skies....had some rain last night....winds are starting to pick up as warmer air heads our way.
57F for this afternoon with some sun and clouds...and getting warmer by Tuesday!

yes, and back to my stomach not knowing what time it is to eat. haha even my cat gets confused.
raining here this morning, and 45. going up to 60 if the sunshine appears.

We got up to 59 today with occasional showers. There was only a slight breeze with the rain.

54 this morning. sunny with pretty blue skies. going up to 68 again today. they are calling this indian summer now. sure is a treat for this time of year.

Sunny blue skies and 63F so far...dropped down to 48 last night.
Light winds out of the SW.
Yesterday was nice and mostly sunny, but didn't get up to the 61 they were caling for ..but windier yesterday then today...so far.

It was 40 degrees when I left the house this morning and it climbed during the day to 55. It sprinkled a little bit on me today but nothing serious.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back