What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Quite the storm!! It arrived in a rush of wind.....4 inches were forecast and with the winds, the snow piled up into drifts....
It was very hard to keep the house warm and the fireplace and furnace worked overtime ....inside temp dropped to 62 by 11pm so went to bed!!!
Still snowing lightly now! Time to dig out!!
23F dropping to -11 with a windchill between -30 and -40 overnight.....we are breaking records for the coldest February, and tonight should set an all time low record for windchill values....as the Clipper moves out winds will be picking up out of the NW this afternoon as the temp starts to drop....winds out of the west this evening and overnight....
Tomorrow's high 0F

zero this morning, not much wind then. snow was supposed to come at 2pm, and arrived at 10am. it must be in a hurry. 4 hours later we have an inch, but its blowing all over the place. good to be home now. did all my running around this morning. another storm coming tonight with another 5 or so inches. gotta go now, have to call my friend laurie and see if she is ok. blizzard warnings for her. good think julie is in SC

Here's some pics of the aftermath today and add 2 of the frigid sunset.... Present temp is -5F with a windchill of -30 range!!
007.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG
016.JPG
015.JPG
022.JPG

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 200
We had fog again this morning but it did burn off early enough to give is some sunshine. It got up to 60 degrees by this afternoon.

Went down to -10F last night, but luckily with just light winds!
-1F with clear sunny skies!
Not much of wind out of the west at 5 mph, but they are saying windchill is between -30 to -40......
Calling for a drop down to -15F tonight!!! BRRRRRR!
Tomorrow's high 7F....

nice pics ROn, looks much like my area. we got about 4 inches, 10 this morning, but no much winds yet. the sun is coming out as well.
if the winds come, minus 30 for us tonight. burrrrrrrrrrr is right. 33 more days until spring, and Im counting everyone of them! we so need a melt. no winter thaw this yr.

zero this morning, with wind chills of minus 20. I havent been outside yet, but soon Ill go visit my friend in the nursing home. More snow for tonight into tues maybe wed. ugh......everyone is so drained with the weather, we soooooooooo need a good break, so lets hope it comes soon.

Thanks Woodie, love going out after a snowfall to see what will be photo worthy!!!
We did had a bit of a thaw last month....we really need a warm-up...these temps are ridiculaous for February!!
This extreme cold is so draining and tiring!

-6 with a light wind out of the NNW....mostly sunny skies...windchill close to -25!!
Expecting a minor high of 7F with a 3 mph wind out of the SW as a Clipper skirts south of the Great Lakes heading to the coast....
Calling for a low of 1F tonight.....

7 this morning, I see a bit of wind, and snow flurries. no that anxious to go out in it, but Ill bite the bullet and go to work at noon. maybe it will be warmer by then. the storm last night stayed down south.

Glad you missed the latest storm Woodie!

4F with sunny skies ....and a very faint breeze out of the SW...
Heading up to 14 this afternoon......
Clipper moving in this evening....not expecting much in the way of snow.....

I was happy and so was laurie. she missed it too as it went to south maine
7 this morning and snow flurries, but this storm stayed way south. Im thinking of libby, as I think she got the brunt of it with sleet. freezing rain. NC is a mess from what I saw on tv this morning.
I think we will get to about 18 today, and have one more warmish day, then thurs back into the deep freeze. I cannot wait for spring to arrive! already saw my first robins, they must be in shock!

Glad Laurie and Libby missed it too!
Robins will be ok as long as they can find dried fruit hanging on the fruit trees and bushes.....some robins do not head south and manage well during the winter! Haven't seen any around here....
Winter tends to be very stressful on the body no matter who we are....stay safe Woodie...
Looks like Boston is in for it with this 5th storm.....really feel for them along the coast.....
Was talking to my sister who lives in Wilton Connecticut and they were expect snow and winds.....again!

We started off today with a temperature of about 45 degrees with a clear blue sky. The sky stayed clear and the temperature went up to 61 degrees by 4:00 PM.

boston is a mess from what Ive seen on the weather channel. woke up to a nice toasty minus 11 this morning. little wind tho. and blue skies. we may see 26 today. Ive just about had it with winter this yr. come on spring. I did see our first robins a week ago, the poor things must be confused.
keep warm everyone.

It's official, this has been the coldest February EVER!!!.....and we are not finished with the month yet!!
12F with bearly a breeze out of the SW....mostly cloudy.....
Going up to 16 this afternoon....
Had a dusting of snow last night from the latest Clipper, next one arrives for Saturday.....but between the 2 we will be going back down into the deep freeze again ...tomorrow high of 5...same on Friday ...lows -8 and -11!!!

We brought the sun and warm temperatures from California home with us. It has been sunny and very warm since we got home. it got up to 60F today and it sure feels like spring! lot's of crocuses, mini daffodils, primroses, some rhododendrons blooming now. We will pay for it in the summer when there is no snow to melt for the resevoir and we run low on water :( they really need to build a bigger one in our community, the amount of rain we do get here in this rainforest, water should never be an issue, and it was not, back even 10 years ago, but they allowed too much building without the infrastructure in place. Now all of us born and raised here old timers get to suffer because of it.

We've been in the deep freeze too. So glad the storm missed us on Sun.We only got a couple "
but guess what its doing now. Snowing. You got it.... Good guess. another 8-10"

1F with a -20 windchill!!!
Lots of blowing snow after the snows stopped, and the Clipper moved east heading to the coast to turn into another major storm!!
Now to 2 days in the deep freeze!!!
Warming up Saturday with another Clipper......

10 this morning with sunshine. had a dusting last night. yes, more snow sat into sun. and next wed something as well. sunday might be a mix if the temps go up, but minus tomorrow! we will all be doing the happy dance, once spring arrives. this has been one nasty winter.

5F and that's our high for today...dropping to 3F this afternoon!!!
At least it's sunny.....light 15 mph winds out of the NW...giving us a -17 windchill!!!
-8F overnight....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back