What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

we are getting snow now. its only a dusting, and the snow is super light. we are expecting more snow tonight, maybe 5 inches, and then on monday another coastal storm. what a wild winter this is turning out to be! I see the plow people took some mounds down about 10 feet and hauled it away. Good thinking on their part!

28F and might get up to 30 this afternoon.....getting freezing drizzle right now...winds out of the west at 15 mph.....
Didn't get much snow maybe an inch and a half and might get another inch or so, before the system moves out....
Looks like all the drifting is done with, now that it's drizzling!!
Should see the sun tomorrow and Friday!!!
Next system moves in for the weekend!!!

We had rain during the night and into this morning then it stopped for several hours before raining again and it still is. We managed to get up to 54 degrees this afternoon but it still felt pretty cold to me.

9F with clear blue, bright sunny skies!!! Haven't seen much sun this week!!!
12F for the high today .....then all the way down to 5 for tonight....
Winds are out of the NW at 12 mph.....

had some snow overnight, but just an inch. its 20 and sunny out now, so we will get more melt, before the frigid air comes lateron. tomorrow morning will be minus 14, and 30 MPH winds. not a good day to be out.

We're going to get an storm system from Alberta which will elongate as it moves towards us....it will be a 3 day snow event....light snowfall stretched over a long period from Saturday until Monday!!! Totals around 8 to 10 inches! Temps will be more the norm rather then the deep freeze!!
Temp right now is around 2F with a full moon and winds picking up out of the SW!!! Tomorrow will not be a fun day either with the winds and isolated flurries.....
Seems the frequency in the number of storm systems is increasing and speeding up!!!

It rained all day here and ranged from light to heavy all day long. It is still raining. The temperature was up a little though and it was about 57 for the high.

it is zero here today, but no winds. we had blue skies earlier, but we have clouds now. we are not expecting snow until sunday night, they said it will be slow torture as we get some snow starting sunday every day of the week, and end up with about 10 inches. gosh, Im sick of winter. the temps wont be too low next week, but next weekend will be back below zero again. ugh

19F with hazy sunshine....expecting it to clear up later on..
Had a frontal system pass through here last night bringing strong SW winds and a dusting of snow....caused some drifting....
Now we wait for the Alberta Clipper to move in tomorrow with more snow, and winds out of the SW....

It rained pretty steady through the night and this morning. It stopped in the early afternoon and cleared up some but I think we go back to rain again tonight. High for the day was about 57.

We are still waiting for the first wave from the clipper...cutely named "the pineapple express"!
32F with just light winds out of the SW.......seems we are on the outer skirts of the system and won't see much snow until tomorrow!!
Only expecting light isolated flurries today....and overnight...coming in in waves.....

I heard about that pineapple express this morning on the weather. I dont think Ive ever heard of it before. Rain for Calif and Oregon, thats our Randy, and then it comes our way? is that correct Ron? we had some snow flurries about 11 this morning, but its not doing much. More to come lateron, but Im in for the day, safe and sound. Its about 22 here so we are getting a bit of a melt.

I don't think our storm systems make it over the Rockies. There is a great difference in them even within Oregon. Some of them make it over the Cascade Mountains to the east of us, but much of eastern Oregon is considered high (altitude) desert. We only have the coast range (mountains) between us and the Pacific Ocean and that doesn't effect the storms that much. The 'Pineapple Express' comes in from the southwest and they are warmer. 57 degrees has been our high temperature for the last couple of days. Most of our winter storms come down from the Gulf of Alaska. That's why Janet's weather is so often the same as ours.

woke up to a dusting this morning, but more is to come lateron. Its 20 which isnt bad for a winter morning. pretty bad when you think 20 is good.

This pineapple express hit BC earlier in the week, and made it through the rockies and reformed over the prairie provinces.....and headed our way!
Anyway, we haven't had much of any precip from this system....yet. It moved further NE and all we have been getting is periods of winds, a bit of freezing rain, short bout of ice pellets.......that was yesterday....
So far just winds this morning.....23F...they are calling for freezing rain...and 2-4 inches of snow.....I will believe it when I see it!

snow snow and more snow another 12-15" tonight and tomorrow got 4' in 10 days last week

We are still down in southern california! we have been very lucky with the weather our whole trip since we left on jan 22 and have not seen any rain the whole time! it will be 86F - 89F all this week so we are soaking up as much sun as we can before we have to head back to the rain at home.

laurie, thinking of you. Gosh this is just crazy. its pouring snow out there, has been all night, about 6 inches now and more to come, over a foot. work is opened. take care laurie,

We finally got our share of freezing rain and drizzle, then ice pellets.....and finally turned over to snow.....Woke to 3 inches .....the snow fell late last night......
15F with light winds out of the NE with isolated flurries....

I feel for you guys with the snow you are getting hit with....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back