Coping With Life's Changes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Thank you Maggie. I can see the swelling is a lot better , but he says the pain is still bad as well as the side effects from severe infection. today will be day 3 so it should really be doing the job by now.

yesterday was the first day he looked normal, he said the only pain is in the tooth itself from where the root canal needs to be redone. He should be able to go to the dentist this week. I was really worried these last 3weeks. thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Is the weather changing considered a life change??? Just kidding, not looking forward to winter :(

Nor am I, but it happens every year. I used to really look forward to this time of year because I got to go hunting. Never was a very good hunter but I sure enjoyed being away from civilization and the telephone.

Buford went to the Dr. yesterday and he said the cancer has not spread into his throat and windpipe. He said Buford needs to heal some more (to at least 90%) before the oncologist will see him to decide when to start the chemo and radiation. The oncologist will also decide how many treatments he will need. We go back next monday to see how much his has healed. He is beginning to get his voice back to. After the surgery he could barely whisper. To get my attention he would hit on the side of his chair or kick the floor and I would go to him and he would tell me what he wanted. I could barely hear him. We felt a lot better after we saw the Dr. yesterday. He beat cancer in 2000 and we believe he will this time to.

Maggie,
That is good news it has not spread. You both are in my prayers.
Get Buford a little bell to ring. It will be much easier on him than exerting energy physically. May God's hand be over you both

That is great news Maggie!! I go for an MRI on tuesday and I am nervous. I always get stressed out the week before and the week of waiting to hear the results. It's silly because it won't change a thing, but it's hard not to.
Well after the fiasco of hubby trying to take a cupboard off the wall and dropping it on daughters foot and it smashing to pieces... he was trying to split some kindling today and really chopped his thumb and first finger. I could not get him to go the hospital so bandaged him up as best I could. And he nearly fell down our front stairs heading out to a doctors appt on friday. It sure scares me. I am thinking I am going to have a quiet word with the fellow who is building 3 cupboards for me, see if for a not too big amount of money, he would come and put them up, just tell hubby it comes with the price. I hate to think of my brand new cupboard smashed to pieces, and I really hate to think of how he could get hurt trying to put them up. :( We have had the grand daughters over for the weekend again, their mom has gone away for the weekend with the new man in her life. I am so jealous for our son, it should be him going away. And I am pretty resentful that he has not even been gone a whole 2 years yet and she has moved on. that really hurts. Our youngest is going to be moving out this coming week. I really am having a hard time coping with all of these major life changes. Just being able to come here and tell someone about it helps a lot though.

Maggie and Buford , you guys are still very much in my prayers.
Janet, I have asked God to lay His hand over your body and mind to ease your anxiety. I do understand fully why you feel that way . Waiting is always the worst part.

Hugs, blessing and prayers to all!

I woke up yesterday thinking there was a Mack truck parked on my hands. Today is a little better but I still can't write and I have trouble typing with any speed. The minimal change in the weather has really thrown my arthritis into full blow swelling mode. My hips knees and ankles feel like they are broken. UGH! I go to the Dr. today and hope maybe I can get something for relief.
I am talking to Tim about a remodel on our master bath. If I knock out 2 closets behind the tub I can get a big soaking tub and a steam room in the combined space. It would so help with my pain. No where within 50 miles has a steam room :( Never did I think it would hit me this bad this soon. Although when I was in my late 20's they told me I would be in a wheel chair by 40. I made monkey's out of them :D I have slowed down a lot over the last couple years.

Changes in the weather bother me too Nancie!
Low pressure systems are the worse!!!
Had to take a celebrex last evening, along with my usual meds, for the pains in the shoulder areas.....
It's really hard to feel motivated when I'm in pain!

Buford went to the oncologist and he didn't like the looks of his throat so he sent him for a PET scan. We went back to the oncologist thursday for the results of the PET. He said his colon lit up to so he sent us downstairs to a surgeon. He called the oncologist and they talk for a while and he came back into the room shaking his head. He said he was ordering a colonoscopy for monday (tomorrow) and he would put in a port and feeding tube at the same time for the chemo and radition. We went friday to the radidion Dr. and he told us that the cancer started at the base of his tongue and spreaded to his tonsil. He told Buford if he had the radition and chemo that it would shrink it but when they finished the cancer would come back. Another way was to remove his tongue and then the radition and chemo. After that they would reconstruct a new tongue from a muscle somewhere from his body. Buford ask what if he had no treatment and he said he would have 6 months to a year. Buford asked how soon did he have to make the decision and he said within the week because it was the fast growing type. So he has and app. at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville on tuesday if they can get the insurances approvel. He also wants to wait on the feeding tube and port until he sees the surgeon at Vanderbilt. Sorry if I'm rambling on but I had a feeling from the beginning we weren't being told everything. Maybe when Buford goes tuesday we will know exactly what has to be done.

Maggie, I'm sorry for your news and will pray for you both! just remember with the drugs they have now, people can live a decade or more on those drugs, never cancer free but able to live a good life. Keep up your hope and faith!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back