Favorite cookie recipes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Gloria they look real yummy. You go girl!!!

I'm so proud Dale!:D:D
Randy sent 2 starters (actually 3) and 2 cd's of instructions and recipes to be sure I got this right. He's got the patience of Jobe! Finally with the last starter, I got it!

I'm very pleased, Miss Gloria. We polished off another batch of sourdough biscuits yesterday too. Now, unless you are going to use your starter fairly often, you should put it into a container in your refrigerator. I try and use mine at least every couple of weeks so it stays pretty active. The biscuits look great. Now when you want the ultimate in waffles or pancakes, let's talk some more.

Ahhh..but you forget Mr. Randy..you sent me all the recipes on cd...unless you have more pancake secrets, I got them! LOL

I'm so proud Dale!:D:D
Randy sent 2 starters (actually 3) and 2 cd's of instructions and recipes to be sure I got this right. He's got the patience of Jobe! Finally with the last starter, I got it!

Yes I agree Gloria, our dear friend Randy does have a lot of patience with us.

Yes, they are in there. I don't believe there is more than one recipe for each of the pancakes or waffles though. They are quite similar though. The waffles take two eggs and three tablespoons of oil whereas the pancakes use one egg and one tablespoon of oil. I measure with my eye though so it isn't very exact. BTW if you would like to give one of those discs to anyone else, be my guest. Also BTW, did you succumb to temptation and butter one of those biscuits when you took them out of the oven? I have only made one batch of those buttermilk sourdough biscuits that I didn't sample when they were still hot.

Yep, Randy.. I sure did! As soon as they came out of the oven, I buttered one and it sure was good! How did you know? I also split one this morning, popped it in the toaster and buttered it too. I couldn't help it..I added a bit of jam to that one.

What kind of jam? We polished off a batch of biscuits yesterday, but I saw some remnants from a previous batch in the freezer today. I probably should make some for tomorrow. We had some company from Idaho Monday and I broke out two jars of the 'no sugar added' jam that I made. One jar was pear and the other was boysenberry.

I made a batch of plum jam during the summer. I don't use much but I enjoy making it for the grands and anyone who might want a jar. I've made some with Splenda for my SIL that both are diabetic.
Way back when my Mom made biscuits, she cooked one batch and froze another on a baking sheet for another day.

I made a batch of plum jam during the summer. I don't use much but I enjoy making it for the grands and anyone who might want a jar. I've made some with Splenda for my SIL that both are diabetic.
Way back when my Mom made biscuits, she cooked one batch and froze another on a baking sheet for another day.

Nothing like the tartness of plum jam on a homemade biscuit.

I haven't ever made plum jam. We have an Italian Plum tree, but I have used the plums for drying. I make jam primarily for the grandkids and they don't venture far from the Marionberry jam, strawberry jam, or mint jelly.

I haven't ever made plum jam. We have an Italian Plum tree, but I have used the plums for drying. I make jam primarily for the grandkids and they don't venture far from the Marionberry jam, strawberry jam, or mint jelly.

Randy I don't know how you have time or energy to do all you do. You continually inspire me. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Well, thank you, Dale. I did make a couple of new ones last year. I made some pear jam and a blueberry conserve. A conserve is like a jam with more than one fruit. I made it as a result of a conversation with a friend about ice cream topping. He specifically mentioned blueberries. I supplied him with a jar and sent some out to others in parcels. So far, I have had favorable reports. This particular recipe was in the Ball Blue Book and contains orange, lemon, and a small amount of 'zest' from each of the two citrus fruits. I think it was a half teaspoon each of of the lemon zest and a half teaspoon of the orange zest.

Randy that conserve sounds yummy. Will try and make some this year.

Pecan Crispies

You know, Miss Dorothy, my grandkids don't care for nuts. But I wonder if I made some of those and didn't tell them if they would even know there were nuts in them. If they didn't like them though, I might be forced to have some myself. LOL I love pecans and my sister sent me some from Dallas. They have a tree in their yard there.

Randy. try making them and leave out the nuts or make a batch and divide it on half and bake some without for your grands and some with half the amount of nuts for everyone else.

I'll certainly consider that although I consider it almost a crime to leave pecans out of anything that calls for them in the recipe. I saw a pie recently in 'Good Old Days' magazine that I want to try also. It is supposed to be a German recipe and my wife is 100% "one of them". LOL It's a recipe for Sour Cream and Raisin Pie. My grandkids don't like raisins either. But if I cooked only what they liked, I would be serving peanut butter and jam sandwiches all the time.

I can vouge for Randys blueberry conserve.....it was so good I wanted to jump in and eat my way out......the pear jam was incredible too........

Dale, I know you didn't get the blueberry conserve though. Neither did Laurie. I didn't make that until the fall of last year. It was the result of a fellow at church asking about blueberry toppings for ice cream. I have used the blueberry jam on vanilla ice cream and was quite pleased with that combination. Anyway, I told him that I would look into it for him and found the recipe in the Ball Blue Book. obbi was very pleased with it and so was another recipient. The man that started the whole quest was also quite pleased with the result. A conserve is a fruit that is preserved in sugar but different from jam in the respect that more than one fruit is involved. In the blueberry conserve are blueberries, lemmon, and orange along with a small amount of zest (grated rind).

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back