The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hi Y'all hope you are doing well. Had company this week and had to work some as well. Been out of the loop keeping up with what all is going on. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

It's been raining all day here, but it will probably only amount to about a half inch or so. My former boss used to say, "Very inefficient!"

Hi boys and girls, I can't believe another week has gone by already....weather here has been getting progressively cooler and now I can plant some of my winter veggies as well as flowers. The humidity has completely gone but the days are still fine and sunny. So far I've dug up 3 beds ready for planting and will do the others next week. Good to see everyone's doing well and I hope the warm weather starts up for all of you soon.
Peggy: try and get some pics of your bloomers if you're able as I'd love to see them....I know exactly what you mean about springtime too:)
Laurie: sorry about the snow but I hope it goes very soon for you and you can get outside and play. Great news about your cholesterol too!
Shiney: glad you had a great time at the cabin, buzzards and all......;)
Randy: they're forecasting a cold winter over here too, I hope not as the frost kills a lot of my tropical plants. The misting system I have in place works fairly well so I'll just have to rely on it doing it's job.
Ok better go as a pile of compost awaits me as do pruning, mowing and planting...... stay warm and well folks 'till next time:)

Wombat it's warming up here in SC, this week it's going to be in the 70's all week. I am just planning my spring veggie garden. What all are you planting for your cool weather crop?

As always seems to happen in late March...snow showers after the tease of nicer weather last week. I think March came in like a lamb...so...here is the lion.

Baby shower was fun. There were 4 newborns and 3 older babies. We put them in the center and tried to corral them...but they crawled over and under chairs and coolers...what a madhouse!! Britt and AJ should have just about everything they need to welcome Cohen.

Today we will celebrate my sisters' and my oldest sons' birthdays at Mom's. This is the first day since I started my new job that I feel like I have caught up on a little!! Think I'm gunna make it!

I'm glad they have baby and bridal showers, but I am also glad that us guys are not expected to go to them.

It's still chilly here, but the rain has stopped at least for the time being.

Well the sun is shining here today and very windy. Hopefully it will dry things off some. Hope everyone has a great week.

I'm glad they have baby and bridal showers, but I am also glad that us guys are not expected to go to them.

I wish I wasn't expected to go to them!

The best time I ever had was when I got to be usher and wear a tux and do guy stuff at a wedding.

Deb glad you had fun at the baby shower...
I always rather enjoy putting those things together and all other stuff ya have to put together.
Dad and I had fun babysitting the grand babies so the kids could go out to eat and a movie... The view from her kitchen window is wonderful... The acres and acres of land behind them belong to the Bill Monroe family... The kids gave us our tickets to go to the Bill Monroe Bluegrass Festival....the festival is about 3 minutes from their home... They have two beautiful white tulip trees in bloom to each side of the front of the house... I am gonna clone one of those... Smells wonderful!
John my digital camera has been out of commission for a while but I still have my 35mm Minolta so I will try to get some pics this week and get them developed and scan.
It has been rainy here with chances of rain each day til Wed...temps to be in low to mid 60s...
Have a wonderful week all...
peggy

I like to put stuff together also, but I get a kick out of the instructions when they are written or printed in foreign countries. I makes me realize how humorous our language can be.

Hey Gang! I've been too busy to get in here to post ... just a quick one tonight.
Hello to everyone ... I got some potatoes planted this weekend!!! Then we got a dusting of snow today. :( By this weekend it's supposed to be nice again though.

Gotta run ...

Take care ... I miss you all!!

Natloo glad you stopped by so we could hear from you. Hope all is having a great week.

I like to put stuff together also, but I get a kick out of the instructions when they are written or printed in foreign countries. I makes me realize how humorous our language can be.
Ra

Randy LOL I know exactly what ya mean!!

Hey Natalie good to see you...know you are a busy lady....really glad ya took time and stopped in for a moment...

I have my straw ready to plant my taters but I always plant taters here on Good Friday...thats one of the many things Dad left me when he went to start his new journey..

Shine when my lil man is around and there is anything to be done..he is always right on it... I am blessed to have him as my mentor and my partner in life. He is the most giving of himself...always of service...and my gosh all these lil gentlemen that come here seeking.....I think guidance, attention..........

Blueaussi hello and welcome to the Bluegrassers. Good to see ya.
I am not a shower person but I enjoy and quite happy for receipients..
I know they have sure helped my kiddos and friends

I have as of lately wanted to get more involved and be of service, create a volunteer gardener group...
Have some thoughts in that area for myself but have yet to take action..
One thing I am wanting to do is start a gardeners get together around here..
Its a need. Thinking in terms of maybe helping folks who aren't abe to keep their yard work and flower beds and veggie gardens.

Its 56° here today and rainy, cloudy, dreary looking...
I went out to the shop to get me another bag of starter mix and compost...
I was nearly soaked when i got back in here...
All of my seed are growing wonderfully... I am quite pleased.. It feels so good to get out when i can and completing another flower bed... My mind hardly ever stops when i am out here...wondering all the time where i am gonna add another trellis for what climber... I have a lot of new climbers started... I am thinking of building those to many gardens...just trying to figure out how i want them displayed when i dig my post holes for the 4x4.... putting them in concrete so i want to be sure... I bought the plastic trellis 4x6 sheets...

Everybody have a wonderful day...keep smiling...have fun with all you do..
Peggy

I re-potted some of my plants yesterday. When I first planted the seeds, I tried to put just two seeds in each pot but obviously I dropped at least three in some of them. This means I will have many more plants to find a home for. I can take all that I have left over though and set them outside the door of the church with a "Free" sign and they will all disappear.

I re-potted some of my plants yesterday. When I first planted the seeds, I tried to put just two seeds in each pot but obviously I dropped at least three in some of them. This means I will have many more plants to find a home for. I can take all that I have left over though and set them outside the door of the church with a "Free" sign and they will all disappear.
I can relate totally....I always take my extra plants after the kids chose what they want to the our Spouse Abuse Center and the Womens Prison where I have volunteered at in the past... The ladies love it...decorating the yard and it allows them to have some beauty and pride in their life..

I have been working on the house today...rainy for the next several days..tackling the attic this afternoon...see if i can't get a little organizing done up their... Lordy I need to do the attics in mine and cliffs shop also...will have to go on to do list...no time right now.

Hope you are all doing great..

Shine hope the job is doing good for you.

Peggy

There is always stuff to organize, isn't there? I should peck away at my mess here in the basement. I have managed to throw away some of the stuff, but there is lots more that should go away. The nursing home I visit wants at least one tomato plant and I will offer them a couple. I can imagine what that would do for those folks there to be able to snag a few of those cherry tomatoes right off the plants. I put one on the back porch just for that and welcome all family members and visitors to grab them at will.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back