The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Too bad we all didn't have the time and money and we could travel around and help paint each others homes. Not sure how the painting would turn out, but I'm sure we all would have a great time....

Too bad we all didn't have the time and money and we could travel around and help paint each others homes. Not sure how the painting would turn out, but I'm sure we all would have a great time....

We can dream can't we??!!

That would just be too kewl Laurie and Dale we surely can dream.

John how did your gardens do this year...remember you had a drought last year if I remember correctly.

Dor hope your son can come help you..

Remodeling is quite a chore but well worth the energy.

Shine I will be heading your way before long...wish I had a snow mobile too....we have winter storm heading our way to start around 9 tonight..calling for 6-12" of the white stuff in the next few days...freezing rain and sleet...
Shine I like the sound of the high gloss white with black accent...

Randy I was probably taught that in school also but to be real honest I was an alcoholic at a young age and school didn't interest me til I got my GED at 30 and sobered up...when I went to college I truely enjoyed and wanted to be there. I am gonna check the library out for that set of books.. I did watch the movie How The West Was Won.... very long... I wonder if it was based on those books?

Nat where ya at girlfriend...missing ya...

Hope you all have a wonderful evening and a good week.. Keep smiling, living, loving.
Peggy

I hope he can come help me too Peggy, if not I will start the wallpaper removal I hope next week. I will do one wall at a time and then do the repair done to walls. My master bath is small so I think I can remove the ceramic tile by myself without any problem. If not I have my friend's nephew that I can hire to help me with that. I can do the tiling by myself. I am going to tile with the black and white on the diagonal. I only have 40 sq feet to do. I am building my headboard and tufting it with buttons in a faux ultrasuede. I have a miter saw but I can get HD to cut the sheet of plywood for me. I have my draperies, comforter, and pillow shams already made. I am working on the dustskirt now, I should be finished next week. I just need to design and sew a valance. I have my drapery for my bathroom window made too. I will post before and after pictures.

Well, for once the weatherguessers were right! We have about 6 inches on the ground and may have as much as 18 overnight!!! Yeehaw!! This really is like upper Michigan was. Too bad the snowmobiles are all still up there.

I came into work this morning thinking I really didn't need to. It's slow and with all the snow to come....but they count on me and I don't like to let people down. (Ask me about THAT if I go ditch-diving later:p)

Made a pot of very tasty potato soup last night. Put green chilis and bacon and cheddar in it. No recipe...just throw stuff in a pot and hope!! Most of my stuff is like that. We had a lot of really good soups when we snowmobiled...so good to come cold off the trail to a treat like that.

Speaking of food...my friend makes beef sticks, bologna and summer sausage in his smoker. And goetta. Anybody have any new recipes for any of these? Everything is pretty much the same and we're trying to come up with something unique.

Guess you do like black and white, Peg...isn't that your workshop??

All sounds real pretty, Dor. You sound talented. You have been busy!

I've started a new quilt for my grandson who should make his entrance to this world the end of May. He will be called Cohen Andrew. We have the 2 baby girls born this past year, so it will be fun to have a little boy.

I am starting to think more and more of my gardens. Once again I neglected to take pictures of what I had last year. Oh, I have the occasional pics, but I meant to document all the beds for reference. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I turned on the food network yesterday when I was on the treadmill. There were several recipes of interest. One was a maple glazed pork chop recipe on Robin Miller's show. Paula Dean had a couple that I looked up on the internet too. One of them was a grilled tilapia recipe and the other was a '3 meat pasta' recipe that was a good way to use up leftovers. I can tell it would be pretty tasty, but the portions would surely have to be watched closely. LOL That tilapia recipe though is one I will have to do as I have been trying to incorporate more fish into the family fare here.

Hi everyone! Thanks for missing me ... been working a lot.
John, it's good to see you in here posting!
And a BIG Welcome to Dor!
This past weekend I had some family and a friend stay with me. We went around trying on wedding dresses Monday as my friend is getting married soon. Well, she hasn't actually set a date but we were hoping that trying on the dresses would get her going! :)
We got a ton of snow today. It must have snowed another 12 inches on top of the snow we still had on the ground from last week. My car had at least 24 inches on the back window that I had to scrape/sweep off when I got off work tonight. The wind must have been blowing in that direction.
I was planning on trying to do some winter sowing this year but it's been so cold and snowy that I haven't got any seeds started yet. Don't know if it's still worth a try or not but I have plenty of seed and containers. I guess it's worth a shot if I can find the time to get them planted.
I've been given the new dates for my trip to India. I will go April 27th and return May the 15th. This will be my first in a series of trips over. I will miss Ed's birthday which is on the 29th but we can celebrate before I go. What I'm most upset about is missing my Dad's 60th birthday bash. :( I know he will understand but I was really looking forward to being there. Oh well, they have changed the dates twice so far ... maybe they will be changed again.

Hi, Natalie! Yep, you are missed. Say, I don't know what that thing is you did on Facebook. I don't know what it means when somebody sends a plant or whatever is going on.

Hey, L'il Sis!! Good to see you. I am lost....what's this about India and a series of trips?? Gots no idea what you mean. Tell me Tell me!!

They are going to move her job over there and then they are sending her over there to train them to do it. Doesn't that really frost you?

Howdy kids.....just dropping in for a few mins to see how you're all doing. Shiney I have a paint brush here with your name on it lol...Peggy the drought is still going on but we've had some substantial rain in the the last few months so my little patch here is a little greener than it has been for quite a spell, no where near as nice as yours of course but I'm working on it;) Hey there young Nat great to see you posting also.....still have my hands full here with work and trying to keep my little patch in some semblance of order. It's still very warm and humid...last night it "dropped" to 77F glad the a/c works lol, stay warm and well folks, 'till next time:)

We are getting closer to doing the outdoor stuff here, John. I saw they had bare-root fruit trees at the local market. I saw one apple tree that I would love to have, but I don't need it. The variety is called HoneyCrisp. It's a fairly new variety and much in demand. I have some grafting to do this spring and when that is successful, I will consider getting HoneyCrisp and grafting that on to one of my existing trees. I already have 6 apple trees and most of the apples go to waste anyway because I just can't use them all. I give away an aswful lot of them too.

Some day I would love to come out there again. I had an awesome time. Saw some beautiful things while I was there and met some wonderful friends. The only bad thing was it was 100°+ for a few days while I was there. Went to the zoo anyways and had an awesome time with Debe and family. Kathryn has been after me to come out. We would get into too much trouble being together again...:D:eek:

Nice to get on here and see whats going on with you all...
I said previously I didn't mind losing power in the winter but what we have now sure wasn't expected...We have been without power for 4 days now...we broke down and bought us a generator today so now i can get on line and have light...They say we could be without electric up to three weeks... The ice and snow hit us and surrounding counties big time...two adjoining counties are without total power and water...we have been under state of emergency...governor was here this morning... There are it seems very few trees left that doesn't have all the limbs off and tops out ...never seen anything like this before... We have taken in three families here at the house..at least we can feel like we are doing something to help out...
Check with you all later on...
Peggy

Peggy, it's good to hear from you and know you're alright. I have heard that power may not be restored to some areas till mid Febuary.
What a good thing you are doing to take in the families. Stay safe, keep warm and keep us informed. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Peggy I heard on the news last night aout your weather problem-- wow you just don't think about Kentucky getting that cold and having such terrible weather. I hope you stay safe and warm.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back