Tomatoes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Ellie is so used to being made fun of she does just about anything ~

Attachments

• cayman 3 003 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 3 003 (2) EM.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 269
  • another Ellie with duck 006 (2)  EM.jpg
    another Ellie with duck 006 (2) EM.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 287
  • d & s wedding May 06 and Ellie 286 (2)  GF EM.jpg
    d & s wedding May 06 and Ellie 286 (2) GF EM.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Ellie 11-29 06 012 (2)  EM.jpg
    Ellie 11-29 06 012 (2) EM.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 271
My daughter has a nine month old pup (yellow Lab) that weighs 85 pounds. I am partial to labs too. But I pretty much like all dogs. They are great buddies.

I have had many types of dogs all my life (Welsh Corgi, Collie, Sheltie, Brittney Spaniel) and as our first Lab, I think Labs are simply happy. If she barks, she lays down b/c she thinks she did something wrong ~ I never have yelled at her.

Attachments

• enjoy 002 (2)  QF EM.jpg
    enjoy 002 (2) QF EM.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 4 th 002 (2)  EM.jpg
    4 th 002 (2) EM.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 274
  • Els and cats 001 (2)  EM.jpg
    Els and cats 001 (2) EM.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 283
I picked one the green zebra tomaotes that I grew from the seeds you sent me, Dor! they have been fun to grow and watch. The didn't get very big but they are good!

I am glad the tomatoes taste good Kim. I am going through my seeds right now trying to get them organized and see what I can plant in this heat. I didn't try the Green zebras at all.

I went out to move the water this afternoon and I saw Lucy next to one of my tomato plants. Lucy is our oldest chicken and the younger ones don't treat her well. I suspect she may have either been working on one of the tomatoes or was contemplating doing so. Either way, it doesn't matter. I would have chased any of the other chickens away from there, but Lucy can have all the tomatoes she wants.

The grandkids named all the chickens. I don't know where they came up with all the names, but it did let me know that none of the hens would ever occupy a stewpot. I doubt Lucy has laid an egg for several years now, but that doesn't matter. The horse rarely sees the underside of a saddle, the goats serve as organic lawnmowers, and the chickens think they are entitled to a scoop of hen scratch every time I step outside. Rotten hens.

I beat whatever is eating my tomatoes to a beautiful Cherokee Purple last night, and I'm going to pick up some bacon on the way home today. There's a yummy bacon, basil, and tomato sandwich coming my way tonight!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back