Welcome Members from GH

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hey Jen! You're poppylover? Glad to see you! You may remember me by another name as well. That's okay! This is turning into a veritable family reunion! Bring your mom over here, too! The more the merrier!

At this rate, we'll have to have a huge party here!

Randy, have you ever made juice with any of your apples? How about some sparkling apple cider? I bet it would be amazing tasting -- especially with such fresh apples!

Hope to see you here more often, Jen!

Susan

I did buy a cider press about 20 years ago and it has been used once. The juice was certainly good, but with three grandkids in the house, it went like water. I also extracted juice from our grapes one year and got over 100 quarts of Concord grape juice. Good stuff, but I also found out that you want to be close to a toilet in about two hours after you have a glass. But here again, the kids go through that stuff like there is no tomorrow. I can't keep up with them and I can't drink any myself because of the high sugar content.

I have been looking at the cider press to use from now on...We did put up juice two years ago I thinkit was...and turned out wonderfully...but it was alot of work...I was reading up on the cider press and thought ...that will make less work of it...

Debe, make sure that if you intend to make cider, you get plenty of it yourself. No fair for the person who does all the work to be left out in the cold!

Oh.... I get my share for sure...my hubby is not a big juice drinker...and now that the daughter and grandsons are far away...well all I can say is....MINE, MINE, MINE! ;)

There was someone a few days back that was interested in getting JoyLynn's address and I had just cleaned out my Rol-O-Dex and thrown that particular card away. Well, I was cleaning off my desk today and I found a paper with the address on it. I did not send her any jam, I took it to her in California.

There was someone a few days back that was interested in getting JoyLynn's address and I had just cleaned out my Rol-O-Dex and thrown that particular card away. Well, I was cleaning off my desk today and I found a paper with the address on it. I did not send her any jam, I took it to her in California.

It was me Randy...was looking to write her...her and I and mudpie meet up a few years before we moved back to Oregon...Once we knew we were moving back we had planned to go hiking together...time got away and we never made it...then I lost so many address in the move...

Hey Jen! You're poppylover? Glad to see you! You may remember me by another name as well. That's okay! This is turning into a veritable family reunion! Bring your mom over here, too! The more the merrier!

At this rate, we'll have to have a huge party here!

Randy, have you ever made juice with any of your apples? How about some sparkling apple cider? I bet it would be amazing tasting -- especially with such fresh apples!

Hope to see you here more often, Jen!

Susan

I do remember you and so many others. Slowly figuring out who is who ;) I have tried getting Mom here, sent her a link and keep mentioning it, but I don't think she's popped in yet. Have to remind her again! Life should soon slow down and I'll be able to pop in more often!

Guess I forgot to say...Yep thats me, Poppylover!!

Oh Randy, you grow apples? That's something I would love to do, but they don't grow well down here in south LA. I got married in North Carolina in Sept. and while we were up there we went to an apple orchard to pick our own apples. That was one of my favorite parts of the trip! I had never even seen an apple tree growing in real life. The apples were delicious, and they had the best cider I've ever had.

Yes, Sharry Lynn, I have 6 apple trees, 3 pear trees, 1 cherry tree, and 1 Italian plum tree. One apple tree will provide more apples than I can use and most of them will drop to the ground and rot. But I let friends and neighbors pick apples too. There are so many apple trees around that people just take them for granted. I also take buckets of apples in to a nursing home that I visit and they use them for an activity for the folks there and then use them to make apple crisp for dessert. I take a lot of stuff in to them.

I had never even seen an apple tree growing in real life. The apples were delicious, and they had the best cider I've ever had.

Well, they're a lot like citrus trees, but then you'd be comparing apples and oranges. ;)

Hmmmm.....now let me see....

I wonder how you'd go about trying to compare apples and oranges. Maybe it's kind of like trying to compare snow and rain, or maybe even rain or shine!

That was hilarious, Bob! I see you've got a great sense of humor! Oh goody! I love good laughs!

Hmmmm.....now let me see....

I wonder how you'd go about trying to compare apples and oranges. Maybe it's kind of like trying to compare snow and rain, or maybe even rain or shine!

That was hilarious, Bob! I see you've got a great sense of humor! Oh goody! I love good laughs!

Comparing snow and rain is pretty easy right now, as outside my window it can't seem to decide which one it wants to do. So I just wait a few moments and it does the other one.

It also has been doing a lot of snow that melts when it hits the ground, which we affectionately call "SNaining"

Bob, I love that word...."SNaing" is a wonderful description. Down here in Texas, it's been in the 80's today. It's nearly 11:00 pm and it's still 72.....To all of you who are buried under snow, "SNAIN" or rain.....or sleet or hail or whatever......all I can say is,

EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!!!!!!!

Bob, I love that word...."SNaing" is a wonderful description. Down here in Texas, it's been in the 80's today. It's nearly 11:00 pm and it's still 72.....To all of you who are buried under snow, "SNAIN" or rain.....or sleet or hail or whatever......all I can say is,

EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!!!!!!!

You asked for it. LOL

Attachments

• Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 246
Randy after moving 700 miles I feel I should also say "eat your heart out". We love it down here right now. but as you know we will soon be baking.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back