What birds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Last one! We have a ton of doves and they also feed on my upstairs deck.

Attachments

• Dove1_edited.JPG
    Dove1_edited.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 248
Those are soem beautiful birds.

I am going to go over the the pond by my house and take some pics of the cranes over there. I just love to watch them!

O.K I thought I told you!
I have chickadees!
And Cardinals male and female.

CrabberGIRL!
You did Excellent!!!
I think we are bonded even more:D
I sat in a new compost pile to get the American GoldFinch pics years ago.
It was a trying time trying to get pics.
Of course I have them staying every year for my sunflowers since then ...but I thought it was a once in a lifetime pic at the time.
Thank you for all your time is getting those shots!
Beautiful birdie.
I now have a better camera and can zoom a bit closer which saves me the time of sitting like a duck waiting for them to come back once I have scared them off!
I have the same doves,very hard to get close to them.Great shot!
I can only get close to the Hummers, Chickadees ( Using my bird houses this year!) and American GoldFinches.
But took these with my ZOOM!

Kale:)

Attachments

• C male totallyconfused.jpg
    C male totallyconfused.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 233
  • c Prettybird mir imge..jpg
    c Prettybird mir imge..jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 286
  • P Robin worm theif.jpg
    P Robin worm theif.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 251
  • zmybirdie.jpg
    zmybirdie.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 274
  • P Femal Card 09fence.jpg
    P Femal Card 09fence.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 251
Thanks all! I love my new camera. And the bonus is the lenses from my old one fit the new one. ( I planned it that way;) ) The painted bunting is my fav, just for color though. The night heron is so cool because you never see them. I do have some hummers and cardinals I'll try to post.
Kale,
Great Pics!
You and I are 2 peas in a pod. I was late to work this morning trying to get Turkey shots. They were evry accomodating but my camera was not. Something wrong with my 300mm zoom. I had the 2X on it and it won't auto dajust and I can't manual adjust. Grrrr!
I have decided to leave my tripod set up in my bedroom so all I have to do is slip my camera on it. I have it adjusted to the bird spot. Would love to have an automatic camera. A woodpecker has nailed my rail on my deck. I guess he was hunting the larva of the carpenter bees. We will have to replace that rail.LOL!

We have seen:
robins
western meadowlarks
mourning doves
seagulls
purple finches
immature bald eagle
and.........
white pelicans...they migrate through here and stay on the lake for a week or two.

I love the migration we get vultures and eagles. We also have a snow goose festival near here

I have a woodpecker that I can't get a picture of. So I am going to make a special feeder for him and get a bag of woodpecker food. Maybe then I will be able to get him to sit long enough to get a picture.

Kya, I am happy to hear they have a snow goose festival. 50 years ago there were so many snow geese that there were liberal hunting limits on them, but through the years the population of the snow geese has been declining. I have been out of touch for a long time now, but I hope they are coming back. We do see swans here, but all the geese are dark and mostly Canadians. Course, I love to see the Canadians too.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed this morning, talking to my daughter. I looked up and saw a crane fly by! It was really neat to see!

The painted buntings are back. I look forward to them every year. Usually get indigo buntings, too, but haven't seen one yet. Oh, and saw what I think was an oriole....black and orange, very pretty. Every once in a while one comes through my yard.

All my baby birds are out of their nest now flying around. I did notice one is handicapped It only has one good foot. But he does fine with just one. Also saw a hummer whiz by a couple of days ago. My neighbors said that hummers had been visiting their feeders. I was going to get a feeder but since the neighbors have them I decided not to. I do have lots of flowers they like and visit.

We don't have them here, but I sure do remember them. Your post reminded me of an old song, "Listen to the Mockingbird". I don't think I have heard that song since I was a kid.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back