What birds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Well I have frogs that follow me when I pull out the water hose. Does that count? I have 2 Min Pins, sassy and tucker, and a turtle named soup. We have 20 billion rabbits that eat my flowers or whatever they want. Would be more than happy to send you some of them. I had chipmunks but I think the big brown snake got all of them. Chipmunks where living in a dead tree stump just 2 down from the snake. I haven't see any of them this year.

When I first met my husband, he said,"WHY did you take that spider outside?" "WHY don't you swat flies?" "WHY do you have to FEED everything?" Yes, I know b/c I feed the birds they end up in the house form time to time /bc of the cats but I try my darned-est to get everybody out alive. I do not save ticks after Lyme disease. Hubby="You know WHY the squirrels dig up your plants???? b/c you feed them." I'll put the soil back ~ no worries. Nurture life, in my opinion ~ whose ever it is ~

There are a lot of rabbits in Pittsburgh. Must be the colder climate. I don't know what a MinPin is. You must know your frogs. We have lost our 'chips' in this area. I'd like 6 rabbits please. HOLY COW, I could end up with a herd next spring! ~

Min Pins, Miniature Pinschers, they are my doggies. I think rabbits bred every 3 months or something like that. The rabbits eat with the birds. I get bird food with a lot of corn in it. Throw some on the ground for everyone. I gave up trying to keep the rabbits from my flowers.

HUMMERS....they arrived on May 10th here and will leave around August 26th - and in this short stay they are our entertainment! Our feeders are right on the breakfast nook windows, so we sit here frequently and are entertained! We also have
Woodpeckers (forget the breed)
Morning Doves
Crows
Blue Jays
Robins
Sparrows
Yellow Finch
Our yard runs back into a wooded area and anytime we want to hear a song....we sit on the deck! It is a bird's paradise back there!

Gosh, I am so stupid, Myfedora ~ I thought MinPins were your FROGS. I apologize. I so love waking up with the birds. It begins about 4:30 ~ you know that expression about waking up with the birds? At least when the bird arrives via cat, I can tell the cat,"DROP IT" and the cat does. Carolina wrens with their tails that stick up are as cute as can be. I think that birds make you feel you are free. Jules, what a lovely herd of birds you have. Do you ever get cardinals? ~ :)

I have never actuallyseen a Red Cardinal....but they are in the area as freinds have seen them - but they are rare here. I am sure there are more kinds of birds than I listed in the treed area behind us,,,,and I so love the tunes they can peep out - especially several different kinds at once! WOnder what they sing????

That is awesome....sounds like the bird is right here beside me! I loved golfing in Myrtle Beach in the mornings - the sounds of the birds - different species from here - were incredible!

Jules you going to keep on til we make you an honorary member Carolinian. It does sound like you really like it in South Carolina.

I am once again astounded by you. Do you get any sleep? 9 volumes is how loud I play the music. ~

Oh, yeah, I get enough sleep most of the time. I took one of my books with me just in case I needed some reading material while I was gone to the ship's reunion. Last evening was the first time I had time to read though. I had a TV in the room, but never turned it on. I read for awhile last night before turning the light out and still woke up at 4:30. That gave me plenty of time to finish packing and have breakfast though before heading south and home.

My youngest daughter mentioned yesterday wanting to take a vacation to South Carolina after we were watching the Food Network and they were there and had the Shrimp and creamy Grits. It is not the first time she has told me that and she says she waits to vist the Low Country and I want to visit Dale and Gloria. I guess I need to start saving for a vacation there next year.

Mohawk Picture

Here is the best picture I could get of Mohawk. He doesn't hang around as much now, I think he has a girlfriend. According to a vet that I talked to, birds can get a virus that makes their feathers stand up on their heads. But said that never heard of a robin having it.

Attachments

• mohawk.jpg
    mohawk.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 272
Eastern Blue Bird

Caught a blue bird this morning making a nest in the birdhouse planter that hubby made. The blue bird was also defending his house find from the house sparrows. In the first picture he was getting ready to swoop down on a sparrow. The sparrow is in the right hand corner. Looks like a brown blur.

Attachments

• bbd.jpg
    bbd.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 270
  • bb3.jpg
    bb3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 296
Birds fascinate me ~ Why can't I fly? There is a 'kids' book called The Fledgling by Jane Langton and anybody who feels like I do should read it. For me, it is WAY more than I kids book. Somebody may want to try it. Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach is another one~ 'BirdBrain', signing off :)

Mohawks feathers are no longer standing up on his head but we know that it is him because he comes right up to us. This is funny, last week hubby and I were in the garage with the doors open. I noticed 2 robins in the driveway going at another robin. I said that poor robin is getting beat up. Next thing I know here comes that robin running into the garage. When I say running I don't mean flying or hopping, those 2 feet were moving as fast as they could. It was Mohawk. He gets into the garage and looks back down the driveway waiting for the other 2 robins to leave. He didn't leave the garage until the other robins flew away.

Cow Bird

This is a Cow Bird. It is Black with a brown head. This one let me get fairly close to him.

Attachments

• cbird.jpg
    cbird.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 257
  • cbird1.jpg
    cbird1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 266

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back