What Tomatoes are you going to grow?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Oh that would be so cool and tomatoe tasting! If you go let us know how much fun that was and tell us what your favs were.

I only planted two tomaoes this year. one celebrity and one early girl. I hope they made it last night cause it got down to 37. they are blooming already.

Oh that would be so cool and tomatoe tasting! If you go let us know how much fun that was and tell us what your favs were.

I think it would be fun, plus I was thinking I might take some off beat peppers for folks to taste, too.

Gotta spread the word, ya know.

Lyn you could tell today if your tomatoes made it through the cold.

I checked when I got home from school and they are fine. another close call and disaster avoided once more.

I have Celebrity. Thanks to Dor, I am planting some sweet 100's, cherokee purple, chocolate cherry, and green zebra. I am going to have fun! Thanks, Dor!

Dorothy, there was a time a couple of years ago when David's sister and her husband came down from Seattle for Christmas and they were asking me about salsa. We had given them some on a previous visit and they really liked it. But in December we don't have fresh tomatoes unless you are willing to pay the awful price at the market. So in order to make a natch of salsa, I bought 4 cans of tomatoes from CostCo for $2.34 a can. I think those are #10 cans and each one holds almost a gallon. I had plenty of peppers in the freezer, so I made up a batch of medium hot salsa using canned tomatoes. It actually turned out pretty good. I don't understand how they can sell a large can of tomatoes like that for that price, but I'll take it any day. But that may give you the option to be able to make a batch of salsa when you want to.

I have Celebrity. Thanks to Dor, I am planting some sweet 100's, cherokee purple, chocolate cherry, and green zebra. I am going to have fun! Thanks, Dor!

You are welcome. I hope you have a boundiful harvest Kim.

Thank Randy, that is a great idea I can use if I need to. I am so hoping my tomato plants will produce lots of tomatoes for me.

We are going to construct a new raised bed for veggies this weekend. I may find a Juliet, that is the grape tomato. I like all of the heirlooms, so may look for a couple of them too. I have 3 better boys started, they have always been my fav. eating tomato. The veggie garden won't be too big, but I want to do some pole beans, a pepper or 3 and maybe an eggplant. Herbs will be in a pot on the deck.

I have a few tomato plants out.My son get's the big boy tomato plant's from school.They plant a ton of them in Horticulture then give them away.I love free plants.:)

Here's a picture of my tomatoes and peppers waiting to be planted. I hope it is warm enough this afternoon.

Attachments

• tn_Spring in April 004.JPG
    tn_Spring in April 004.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 278
Yes they are Blue and I sure hope they stay that way. Isn't it fun growing our own food. I bought some really pretty tomatoes at Sam's club. My daughter commented on how good they looked while making her a salad last night. In 60 days or less I hope to have some homegrown.

Walmart has some Patio tomatoes in gallon pots that had lots of blooms and tomatoes already. I believe they were $8 if I remember correctly.

I recieved part of my tomato plant order on Monday and they looked like shrived up disatsters. They were shipped on a thrusday and sat in the post office over the weekend. They were sent with nothing wrapped around the roots to keep them moist so theydried out.
I stick them in water andto my delight they did come back, I had to trim off some parts that did not revive but I think the plats are going to make it. So so far of the ones I am growing this year I have:

Grape
Ping Pong
Black krim
Striped Cavern

It will be about another month before I get the rest of the ones I want, they are coming from a lady in Utah that is growing them right now. I am also starting some chocolate cherry and tri color cherry and Oregon spring in the house. I had some oregon spring and tri color cherries going but early this morning my cat dicided to make a meal out of them!!

RR

Dor those are some great looking plants. Hope they do well for you.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back