Lets share pictures of our gardens!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Several pictures to share of the garden, and also I found a liquid deer and rabbit repellant at Rural King that seems to be keeping the rabbits off my beets and my granddaughter's cabbage plants... My beets are nibbled down so badly that I have no clue if I will have any to enter in the fair or not, and I've lost at least half the row... This stuff is all natural, or so it says on the bottle and boy does it ever stink! Every Oct. I fly out to Denver then drive west into the mountains to hunt elk... We tent camp, usually in snow at about 10,000 feet above sea level for a week... This stuff smells aprox. the same as I do after tent camping for six or seven days without a shower!!! :( :eek: :cool: Anyhow, ignore the weeds and enjoy the pics... Dave
Oh! Amost forgot... The last picture is what Winnie did today to my deck when she got after a rabbit! I'm still deciding whether or not she is on my $#!t or not!!! :mad::confused::eek:

Attachments

• June2009 008.jpg
    June2009 008.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 308
  • June2009 010.jpg
    June2009 010.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 301
  • June2009 013.jpg
    June2009 013.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 281
  • June2009 017.jpg
    June2009 017.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 289
  • June2009 019.jpg
    June2009 019.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
For now wind chimes in the edge of the woods is keeping the deer away. The blueberries are getting ripe at the farm next to our house, so maybe the deer after feasting on the berries instead of coming to my meager garden.

Some of the deer around here are still pregnant, although most of the does have had their fawns... They are eating very heavily right now... Here is a picture that one of my game cameras got of a still pregnant doe a few days ago... She is eating pellets that I put out as well as minerals... I can't imagine what it must be like to live where deer can get at your garden... Actually, we do live right on the edge of town, next to the golf course and a creek, but the deer seldom come across the street... Once in a while, but not often...

Attachments

• CDY_0016.jpg
    CDY_0016.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 283
David there are deer everywhere here in SC. I have had the deer eat a row of peas and looked like a professional weed eater operator mowed the peas down.

Nice garden Dave. I've enjoyed seeing your pics. Like Dale, I'm from SC too and yep..the deer are abundant here. I've been lucky that they haven't visited my gardens this year..maybe they know that my freezer isn't full yet..
Unfortunately the field mice have found my white potatoes and put a hurt on them.

Dave what a good dog Winnie is. She did a good job on the deck.
Psst BTW the rabbit is right in front of her. Shhhhh don't tell any one. :) :D

Nice job Dave. Hey you know you can pee around your garden every day to keep the deer out. This works well for men but women are a little reluctant to try this. :p LOL! But think of the movie I can't remember where they guy is staking out his territory with the wolves. Was it white fang? I can't remember but the same idea works with most wild life.
Still raining buckets at least once a day the garden is so soupy. My tomatoes seem to be ripening but no new leaves flowers or fruit appearing:(

guess i'll starting going outside when i need to go potty...lol
will it work on the woodchuck too?

Nice job Dave. Hey you know you can pee around your garden every day to keep the deer out. This works well for men but women are a little reluctant to try this. :p LOL! But think of the movie I can't remember where they guy is staking out his territory with the wolves. Was it white fang? I can't remember but the same idea works with most wild life.
Still raining buckets at least once a day the garden is so soupy. My tomatoes seem to be ripening but no new leaves flowers or fruit appearing:(

Oh oh I know this one! Never Cry Wolf! Good movie!! Loved it.

Dora/Garden Goddess

Now Dave you couldn't put Winnie on your s#$t list you know you'd have been upset with her if she hadn't gone after that rabbit. Besides you love her to much. LOL
Everyone's gardens are looking wonderful. What came up in my garden is doing well. To late to plant more peas. Maybe I can try again in late summer and get some this fall. I generally freeze them and use them in stir fry thru the winter.

Okay, war is hereby declared... I have loaded my pellet rifle, and my CO2 pellet revolver for rabbit... What can I say but; "Be vewy vewy quite while Dave is hunting wascalwey wabbits!!!"

Attachments

• elmerfudd.jpg
    elmerfudd.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 270
Dave we are over loaded with rabbits here. I can catch them in live traps and bring them to you LOL.

Well, I am a hunter... Usually hunt bear, deer and elk, but I suppose I could clean a rabbit and have it for dinner... Kind of not legal though...

Hassenfefier with them there carrots and onions!

Too wet for my bunnies I guess. But the deer are loving the tops of the squash.

This is the berry patch I have been working on. You may be able to see the old support system I used with steel posts and wire strung between them. I also used a drip irrigation system which was not very reliable. They get plugged up awfully easy. I switched to soaker hoses and have quick connects on them for easy watering. I use a timer to shut the water off at the set time. I shortened the rows so there won't be as much under the fruit trees. The big pear tree in the foreground of the first photo will shade part of one of the Cascade rows. There is a wire stretched between the posts with soker hoses attached. Then there is a vinyl covered 1/8" steel cable at 3' elevation for tying the berry canes. The cross members, pressure treated 2 x 6 boards will be used as upper supports for tying the berry vines to. The rows are 27 feet long and I figure on having six plants in each row.

Attachments

• BerryPatch_0489.JPG
    BerryPatch_0489.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 300
  • BerryPatch_0490.JPG
    BerryPatch_0490.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 289
  • BerryPatch_0491.JPG
    BerryPatch_0491.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 301
  • BerryPatch_0494.jpg
    BerryPatch_0494.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 282
Dave, I like your new picture, you look like you could be Elmer Fudds brother in camo. Hehe. We can lend you our pellet gun if you need it.

Very nice looking berry patch there Randy! I did a search on Marionberries, and looks like PA is not the place to grow them. They like your neck of the woods.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back