What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It's 63*F with thunder, lightning, and rain. It woke me up 2 hours ago and it hasn't stopped. It was too wet to do anything yesterday and it's def gonna be way too wet today. We'll hit 79*F today with a 80% chance of rain all day and more storms tonight. Btw, I don't remember May ever being this cold and wet.

wow, see changes made to this site.....pretty snazzy....

sunny and 60's right now.......more thunderstorms coming this way.....yesterday they all missed us, and tornado warnings south of us...

Cooler today with a 66F and partly cloudy, and cooler for the next couple of day.
The humidex 72F with light rain possible later on today, and over night!
It will be good for planting.....

Got 12 yucca meomexicana seedlings all potted up in deep pots yesterday, and 10 prickly pear pads potted in course sand for rooting!
Need to ammend an area in the garden with course sand and crushed limestone so I can plant more cactus!
Started to build another cactus garden and still need to ammend the soil and move and position a couple of dozen rocks in that area to raise the planting area.
Photos will follow....

The rain has slowed right now, but we have rain forecast over the next seven days. I was out in it yesterday and got wet, but not soaked through. We also set a new record for the lowest high temperature for the day. It eventually got up to 48 degrees. Portland was two degrees higher. But it was colder here than it was in Anchorage, AK. That just isn't right. It's 46 degrees here right now.

It's 59*F and cloudy but zero rain! :D The storms 24 hours ago got really scary but zero tornadoes and zero wind damage! We got another 1.6 inches of rain. We'll hit 79*F today and cloudy but if it dries out enough, I'm gonna do some work in the gardens and fix them up.
Btw, I checked and we've had 6.25 inches of rain this month already.

Last edited:
It is 75 and going up to 90 today. Field day at school so hope these clouds do not start raining on us. I'm subbing for a class of kindergarten students.

39F
Damp, dark and drizmal!
Going to be cool for the next couple of days!
Winds gusty out of the north after the coldfront moved in last evening!
Might get up to 55 this afternoon witpartly sunny skies...bit warmer tomorrow...

Needed a break from gardening...
Got 2 Kutsura trees planted yesterday

cool and rainy here, it poured most of the night, they are saying we are getting a nor'ester
suppose to rain all weekend, we might see sun on Mon
Hghi tomorrow only 52 and its almost June, sure hope it warms up before Nancie and Tim get
here the end of June..

We have some holes in the clouds today so we are expected to have showers but not solid rain. We are starting the day at 50 degrees too and that was our high temperature for yesterday. We should get up into the mid-50's today.

Full moon last night!
Kind of explains our period of cooler weather!
Had to bring in my tomato and eggplant seedlings last night because of the trheat of frost!
49F might get up to 59!

Our full moon was outstanding. I'm only growing tomato plants this year, along with coleus. We have so many plants in this yard. I just cut rhododendron this morning & peonies. I was ambitious abuot 2 months ago but I lost interet b/c MTM decided to start cooking. Talk about a total disaster! Hope everyone has a pleasant Memorial Day! Curbster

its been raining here and a high of 47.......not a very nice memorial weekend.....more rain and cold for tomorrow .....maybe some sun and 70 for memorial day.......this is the coldest, wettest memorial weekend I ever remember....last yr was 90.....glad I dont have veggies in the ground here.....they would be in shock.....

Welcome back Curbz! :D If the cooking gets too bad, just say over and over, "There is a restaurant.", lol!

It's 66*F and clear! :D It was dry enough to mow but not to garden so I used most of my free time to check out apps and patches for my media player. One of my new projects this summer is going to be Poinsettias. Btw, my banana plant has a new pup! :D

Yo Trax ***Waves*** if I can Help You with Those Poinsettia Let Me Know....

Oh Yeah Sunny and Warm Here

50F and sunny, not a cloud in sight!
Might get up to 70 this afternoon!
It has been too cold to even think about planting tomatoed or eggplants!
Had to bring them them in friday evening!
Last night was another cold one dipping down to 34F!
Tomorrow it starts to warm up again......

Got 3 more trees planted, this time a group of korean mountain ash called Gold Drop! The leaves look like elm, very unlike the usual mountain ash with compound leaves!
Today will be more tree planting, this time Service Berries!

I woke up to rain again that is 3 days of rain now. It is flooding in areas around here. I do not drive through water anywhere. Right now it is 76 and partly cloudy. I don't know if the clouds will get together and rain again or not but I really need to mow with all this rain we have gotten and it is the weekend when I usually mow.
It will be hot when the sun comes out.

WAs wondering how you was making out with the rain Lyn, saw it on the news and thought of you
glad you are ok, stay safe
no rain today but suppose to get some, real windy and only 50 so it's too darn chilly to be playing in the dirt...
suppose to see the sun tomorrow and of course warm up and be sunny starting tues when we all have to go back to work

Yo Trax ***Waves*** if I can Help You with Those Poinsettia Let Me Know....

Oh Yeah Sunny and Warm Here

Yo Prowl! ***Waves*** :D Trust me, when I get them I will be all over you to get information. Thanks! :D

@ LynPenny. Glad you're okay and at least you'll have water in the ground for the summer. :)

It's 81*F and totally clouded up. Gonna be 66*F tonight then warm again tomorrow! :D

It is 73 and cloudy this morning but no rain for us. It didn't rain yesterday either. Everyone here was happy about the rain but at the block party last night we were glad it was over. We are to go up to 90 today and I'm sure it will if the sun comes out. Yes I will mow today. I'm putting it off for time for the dew to dry or my pathetic mower will not go through it. tomorrow we are to get wind. I hate wind on the playground but whatever.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back